Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 7, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1

hope no one is bidding on this one, if you are and you lose i'll be more than happy to sell you mine for 10% less the final price..
HERE

roy
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:04 PM   #2

Unless it ends up going over Keh's price, I will take you up on that. These are the ones that transmit the aperture information so lenses can be used in A mode with manual focus, right?

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 6:34 PM   #3

i see no electrical contacts on these tim.

toy
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:00 PM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
i see no electrical contacts on these tim.

toy
Hmmm, OK, I admit to being confused by the frequent use of "auto" in photography, or at least Pentax photography. I got a Vivitar lens marked auto on the front that does not have automatic diaphram. I thought that was what was meant by "auto" in reference to lenses/extension tubes. etc.

Can someone clarify this? Are there extension tubes and teleconvertors that will allow a digital camera user to control aperture on the camera body?

Thanks,
Tim
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:12 PM   #5

hey, this is TOY again. tim , you can get M42, screw mount lenses that are ''auto'' it meant the cam would shut down the lens ''automatically'' when you pressed the button.. they are not ''auto'' on the D series. auto K mount can mean that there is a mechanical means for the ring to shut the ap down as in the K % M series lenses. you can still meter wide open but you have to hit the AE-L button to get an exposure..

r(T)oy
Old Sep 7, 2006, 7:30 PM   #6

Those are not auto tubes since there are no contacts on the rear of the sections.

There are auto sets out there like the Kenko ones I have, but they have contacts on each section to transmit the info to the camera.

Bid accordingly since the least expensive set on ebay will work as well as these will.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2006, 8:18 PM   #7

OK, thanks Roy for the education. I am sorry, I guess these are not what I am looking for. I enjoy using my manual focus lenses but I feel more confident staying with the A series for that. I am glad this topic came up though, as I was intending to order some from Keh under my false assumption.

Thanks,

Tim
Old Sep 7, 2006, 10:32 PM   #8

these are great rings!!! but you can get them for a 1/4 the price bid here, delivered. it amazes me what some will bid without doing any research.. they are ''auto''.. but ''auto'' what?????????

roy
thanks tom,,,,,,,,,,,wish i had your set!!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:07 AM   #9

I bought it on ebay for $60 and it was new in the box. I never use AF with the set anyway, but it is nice to let the camera pick the f/stop if your light is changing fairly fast.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 6:34 AM   #10

Not all ext tubes are created equal. I have no doubt that those shown in the auction are actual and really Made in Japan with equal work(wo)manship.

You would be out of your mind to get those made in China with their rough edges and poor w'ship.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote