Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 8, 2006, 8:51 PM   #1

I took my Pentax *ist DL out of my camera bag today and my LCD screen was cracked! I've been bummed about this all day, especially since I just got it less than a month ago. :sad::sad:

What should I do about it? Will pentax replace it, or am I going to have to fork out a bunch of money for a new screen or repair?
cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:12 PM   #2

sounds like you bumped it pretty good.. yes, pentax is going to charge for this. they'll say it's abuse and not covered by warranty.. does it still work??? i'd say i don't use mine much but i do. altho i could use it if it was cracked.. i mainly just use it for pixel peeping..

roy
Old Sep 8, 2006, 9:25 PM   #3

the screen isnt actually cracked, its the lcd part under the plastic screen. the screen lights up, but theres no image. its definately not useable for anything.

i guess theres just a ton of features that i wont be able to use without it....as easily anyways. plus i cant see what my pictures look like, this is big since im still learning how to use the features and a lot of my pictures come out too dark or something.

is there a way to just buy the parts alone?

what about aftermarket warranties? i've heard of the mac warranty for video cameras, do those work for regular cameras too? im probably just going to have to bite the bullet and get it fixed or replaced...and get a better camera bag for sure.

this sucks :sad:

cheyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 5:06 AM   #4

call pentax and see.. who knows what they will say.. it can't hurt to try.
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:55 AM   #5

Depending on how you purchased it, you may have some type of coverage. Amex sometimes covers this and executive members at warehouse stores can return or exchange. Something to check into. Gives you a good reason to buy a k100d or k10d though.

Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote