Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 9, 2006, 3:46 PM   #11

Quote:
it now appears that this new K10D is going to make coffee and launch the space shuttle after is sorts out the middle east...

... will make me run to the camera store rather than walk
... after purchasing it, will you be able to "walk on water". too?

I have made up my mind on the K100D, but with the announcement next week, and my wife's keeping me held off on a purchase till my birthday (in a bit over a week away, now), so the boys will have something to get me that I really want - I am starting to think that .... for a couple (of hundred) dollars more, should I be an early adopter, take the risk and maybe go for the K10? The K100 should be pretty much just fine for what I want to do and probably a few ounces lighter while a couple cubic inches smaller. I am sure I could easily grow into all the bells and whistles on either camera. If it makes coffee - that would be great, as my father-in-law, who was a NYC policeman will not touch my wife's coffee. I also believe that it will turn me into an Ansel Adams (just joking).

We're leaving on a quick vacation to Cabo San Lucas late in late October, and I was hoping to have the camera (with a bit of practice time) for the trip.

So, do people think that the reviews will be out pretty fast, or will it be like chinese water torcher, with them dripping out ever so sloooowly over the next couple of months?

Given the good reception, quality, low noise and immaging capability of the recently introduced K100 should I take a flyer that the K10 will be pretty much up to the Pentax standard and expectations?

[align=center] Shall I be a Guinea Pig?
[/align]
[align=center][img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGordon%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.jpg[/img]
[/align]
[align=center]... one of my wife's pigs that she breeds for showing.
[/align]
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 4:45 PM   #12

Hi

If i were in your Shoes. I truly think that i would spring for the K100D. My reasoning is this
K100D is Available NOW. K10D May Be announced in a week, but you might not
be able To get one For a period of time. Having the K100 now means you have the time to get used to the camera, so come Time for the trip you are a Pro at using it.
At a later date after the K10 Is out for a while, you could put the k100 on Evil bay and then purchase the K10. Any lenses you have for the K100 will work for the K10. So all you will need to do Is buy the body.

just my two cents

BK/Phil

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
it now appears that this new K10D is going to make coffee and launch the space shuttle after is sorts out the middle east...

... will make me run to the camera store rather than walk
... after purchasing it, will you be able to "walk on water". too?

I have made up my mind on the K100D, but with the announcement next week, and my wife's keeping me held off on a purchase till my birthday (in a bit over a week away, now), so the boys will have something to get me that I really want - I am starting to think that .... for a couple (of hundred) dollars more, should I be an early adopter, take the risk and maybe go for the K10? The K100 should be pretty much just fine for what I want to do and probably a few ounces lighter while a couple cubic inches smaller. I am sure I could easily grow into all the bells and whistles on either camera. If it makes coffee - that would be great, as my father-in-law, who was a NYC policeman will not touch my wife's coffee. I also believe that it will turn me into an Ansel Adams (just joking).

We're leaving on a quick vacation to Cabo San Lucas late in late October, and I was hoping to have the camera (with a bit of practice time) for the trip.

So, do people think that the reviews will be out pretty fast, or will it be like chinese water torcher, with them dripping out ever so sloooowly over the next couple of months?

Given the good reception, quality, low noise and immaging capability of the recently introduced K100 should I take a flyer that the K10 will be pretty much up to the Pentax standard and expectations?

[align=center] Shall I be a Guinea Pig?
[/align]
[align=center][img]file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CGordon%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmso html1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.jpg[/img]
[/align]
[align=center]... one of my wife's pigs that she breeds for showing.

[/align]
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2006, 11:45 PM   #13

ogl wrote:
Quote:
Please, say just one word about sencor's manufacturer
Dunno. 10.2 CCD 22b ADC !

Quote:
9.14 - it's just 14 of september
RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 12:30 AM   #14

I have been repeatedly told that it is a samsung chip. Just will have to wait and see, the world will continue to turn if it is something different.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 2:24 AM   #15
ogl

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
ogl wrote:
Quote:
Please, say just one word about sencor's manufacturer
Quote:

Dunno. 10.2 CCD 22b ADC !
Quote:
I don't understand how Pentax could make 2 times better DR than A100 if they use the same sencor...I can't believe. I saw A100's pictures. Noise is visible from ISO400 and above - it's 2 steps back if we compare with ist DS.If Pentax plan to use NuCore technology like Nikon....:roll:But I am not glad that the sencor is old. Sony make this 10.2 CCDsencor 2 year ago. I'd like to see new sencor, but Pentax want to go in the stream of marketing interests...
Quote:
9.14 - it's just 14 of september
ogl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 3:57 AM   #16

ogl wrote:
Quote:
I don't understand how Pentax could make 2 times better DR than A100 if they use the same sencor...I can't believe. I saw A100's pictures. Noise is visible from ISO400 and above - it's 2 steps back if we compare with ist DS. If Pentax plan to use NuCore technology like Nikon....:roll: But I am not glad that the sencor is old. Sony make this 10.2 CCD sencor 2 year ago. I'd like to see new sencor, but Pentax want to go in the stream of marketing interests...
I said "DR Ways = Sony A100 x2". So, pls note the key word "Ways", or it should be read as "2 DR Ways == Sony A100's".

X NuCore X, PENTAX PRIME!

RiceHigh
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:29 AM   #17
ogl

Nikon uses NuCore in D2X, but not 22-bit.

As for sencor, I hope it could be Cypress or Samsung...Maybe...
ogl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2006, 10:54 AM   #18

ogl wrote:
Quote:
Nikon uses NuCore in D2X, but not 22-bit.

As for sencor, I hope it could be Cypress or Samsung...Maybe...
I guess it's a Sony, but Pentax (and actually it should be Samsung) have modified the A to D convertor circuitry. My wild guess though.

RiceHigh
Old Sep 12, 2006, 8:57 AM   #19

Roland have made it, see all the answers below, in this early arrived Pentax announcement!

http://www.photozone.de/active/forum...9352146408682A

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
9.14, 22b ADC CCD, 100,000 1/4000 1/180, X H2O(Dust) X (Yes, H2O!), DR Ways == Sony A100 x2, ISO Pr. P, Plastic Out Stainless In :-((, J+R, 3.3J->00, USM Ls, K MWB, Li B 730, DBG2.

RiceHigh

p.s. I shall not reply to this thread!
Old Sep 12, 2006, 2:00 PM   #20

Ok here is my wery first post on this forum after only looking for a couple of months. Why post today well...

Today I held a Pentax K10D in my hands.A pre-production camera to be precise. It has all the features mentioned and it has(to me at least) fantastic build quality. A tad heavy but a good grip and it feels solid. I took some pictures an printed them on a digital lab.(had to promise not to put the on the web as the camera is pre-prod)

The pictures were great and the SR really works.(overcast today and late in the evning when I tried the camera)

Finally comes the Pentax I have been waiting for !

Look forward to the day it hits the shelves.

Harold321 is offline   Reply With Quote