Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:44 AM   #71

Benjamin wrote: Please don't think that your eyes is accurate in it's judgment.

that means Tom that you're probably color blind, you see nonexistent noise in N photos and yours are out of focus or soft but your mind makes them perfect.

I wonder why all of this doesn't apply to N or C owners?? probably different eye calibration :blah:

oh and D70 is best because reviews say that, end of story.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 12:30 PM   #72

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
ennacac,

Did you know that from my hands on experience, I find that my Sony DSC-N1 compact takes nicer looking shots than the R1 prosumer? :?My real life eyes tells me so you know? :roll:But wait, I just need to read a review to tell what camera the R1 is. So,does my DSC-N1 actually take better photos than a R1? If so, why spend so much on a APS-C CMOS sensor and huge C.Z. Vario Sonnar *T fully coated glass with F/2.8 max aperture.

Please don't think that your eyes is accurate in it's judgment, certain truths requires objectivity and proper testings. If you love your Pentax, then that is a great thing; it should be the best for you and a winner for you.

I am not affected by what people say about the ISO performance of the Nikon D70s because I know it is good and it is always good in my understanding. That is what matters. (Knowing the truth)

If the truth for you isthat your Pentax is better, than let it be; you may probably have got your set of informations from somewhere else to back yourself up and I have mine as well.

Most importantly is; "we must know what we are talking about."

You might be better off forgetting about Pentax, buying a Nikon D70s and moving over to the Nikon forum, where blinkers are a requirement.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 1:27 PM   #73

One thing I don't like about the K10 is that it does not have the ISO3200 option. I would have wanted that.

Why am I thinking of selling my Nikon gear to buy the K10? Well, because I feel that the D80 lacks functions that come in handy, functions that the K10 posesses; because I feel that Pentax is a much better value for the money; because the D80 is more expensive and because I think that the K10 is more durable because of it's weather sealing.

It is really hilarious that users like Benjamin look with such scrutiny upon cams like Pentax or Nikon and yet do not apply the same scrutiny when it comes to dear old Canon, when in fact he has not yet seen or found out that the D50 whiped the floor with the 350D (for several reason [ISO,handling,price,ergonomy,feel]) and now is unsure of whether the D80 will do good ISO-wise but supposes from the start that the 400D is already a champion in that field. From the posts I've seen on dpreview forums, the 400D ISO1600 shots look awful in comparison to the D80 (much more chroma noise when the D80 has more film-like and less noise much more pleasing to the eye). Anyway...

I will be waiting for some serious reviews before I commit my money to some brand or the other but the fact is that spec-wise, the K10 is THE winner of the 10MP enthusiast dSLRs.
zygh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 2:03 PM   #74

zygh wrote:
Quote:
One thing I don't like about the K10 is that it does not have the ISO3200 option. I would have wanted that.
Quote:
Makes one wonder about noise, however most higher end C* and N* models just refer to ISO 3200 as a "boosted ISO" setting.
Quote:
Why am I thinking of selling my Nikon gear to buy the K10? Well, because I feel that the D80 lacks functions that come in handy, functions that the K10 possesses; because I feel that Pentax is a much better value for the money; because the D80 is more expensive and because I think that the K10 is more durable because of it's weather sealing.
Quote:
I think you are right, the Pentax does offer a better value, more features for less money. I also have several Pentax lenses and find that, with the exception of the A*, F*, FA* or Limited series lenses (the really good stuff), Pentax lenses are available at very good prices in the used market. Neither of these cameras would be a bad choice.
Quote:
It is really hilarious that users like Benjamin look with such scrutiny upon cams like Pentax or Nikon and yet do not apply the same scrutiny when it comes to dear old Canon, when in fact he has not yet seen or found out that the D50 wiped the floor with the 350D (for several reason [ISO, handling, price, ergonomy, feel]) and now is unsure of whether the D80 will do good ISO-wise but supposes from the start that the 400D is already a champion in that field. From the posts I've seen on dpreview forums, the 400D ISO1600 shots look awful in comparison to the D80 (much more chroma noise when the D80 has more film-like and less noise much more pleasing to the eye). Anyway...
Quote:
With apologies to Robert Frost, this is "The Road (best) Not Taken". I have been taken to task over my rudeness in previous posts so I shall not comment here.
Quote:
I will be waiting for some serious reviews before I commit my money to some brand or the other but the fact is that spec-wise, the K10 is THE winner of the 10MP enthusiast dSLRs.
Quote:
Pentax has been hiding their light under a bushle for years. Many of the advances Nikon cheered about, like the D series lenses, were features Pentax already had in the FA lenses. The MZ-S was one of the best featured AF 35mm SLRs but remained in relative obscurity. Pentax is seldom the "best" or "greatest" at anything, but they offer a competent all-around package that displays no particular weakness. I admire that and will be looking forward to seeing if they have hit a homer with the K10D or just a good base hit.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 3:12 PM   #75

When reading Benjamins inputs, for some reason the expression "backseat driver" keeps popping up in my mind. Don't really understand why.

I will givemydetailed opinion onthe K10D a few weeks afterI have started using it. Unfortunately that will not be in the near future. Till then I will enjoy pictures posted by others, and enjoy my own noisy out of focus pics taken with my lousy, crappy no featuresstone age cheapish Pentax *ist DS. Poor me not understanding betterin spite of the informative reviews.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 4:06 PM   #76

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Till then I will enjoy pictures posted by others, and enjoy my own noisy out of focus pics taken with my lousy, crappy no featuresstone age cheapish Pentax *ist DS. Poor me not understanding betterin spite of the informative reviews.

Kjell
Kjell, did I happen to tell you that I owned a bunch of lousy, crappy no featuresstone age cheapish Pentax film cameras as well? I owned a KX, 2 K1000s, an ME Super and an MZ-7. Does that make me sublimely stupid or just masochistic?:shock:

Well, to stay on topic, the K10D looks like a real shot at the Sony A100. If all Pentax does is equal the image quality of that camera they will have blown it away on features and price. Who knows, Pentax may be seeing a revival like the early 1980s. I hope they get the marketing right this time.

Ira
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:33 PM   #77

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I owned a KX, 2 K1000s, an ME Super and an MZ-7. Does that make me sublimely stupid or just masochistic?:shock:
If you bought them just because some well experienced, trusty old friend told you that they were marvellous, it must be ignorance. If you then enjoyed using them just because of your own experience, not considering the reviews, then there must be some mental problem. If then the reviews were positive, they can't be trusted. We're talking of Pentax, for God's sake!

I enjoyed my Pentax film cameras as I enjoy my DS, and my psychiatrist is working on the problem.

Kjell

Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:09 AM   #78

I was, but I won't...aaarh stuff it.

A few random phrases, make of them what you will.

"Troll" :evil:
"Sod off":X
"On ya bike..":-x

I fell better now...Do you???:angry::angry::angry:

I am sure this forum is about photography :lol::lol::lol:

Ira, you are such a gentleman...aranoid:

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 10:30 AM   #79

I just had to get it out! Let's go back to posting photos, sharing information, tips and tricksand HAVING FUN WITH OUR HOBBY!

Kjell
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:47 PM   #80

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
I just had to get it out! Let's go back to posting photos, sharing information, tips and tricksand HAVING FUN WITH OUR HOBBY!

Kjell
I second that motion!

All in favour...

Ira

BTW it looks like a banner year for thegear junkies, lots of new 10MP DSLRs and finally a digital Leica, very high cool factor there (along with a big price tag).