Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 10, 2006, 11:26 PM   #11

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Much cleaner, but I still think this could have worked too!

Tom
Nice. I don't know how you did that, but it looks pretty good. I must admit that I'm not the best when it comes to photochop.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:42 AM   #12

All very nice! Second is my favorite. The sky is awesome!

Jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 8:23 PM   #13

I like them all but the one looking through the gun port or view slit is my favorite. I guess I liked having the frame visible becuase it let me know it was a shot taken from inside the fort.Tom, can you tell us what technique you used to pull out the detail? I am just learning PSP X and that looks like something I should practice.

Thanks,

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 9:13 PM   #14

First select the logs that need to be lightened up. Then simply use what ever process you want to such as curves or the shadow/highlights in CS or CS2. I was in a hurry when I did the example, but if I were doing it again I would allow a 2 pixel border to allow it to blend in just a bit better without such a hard edge.

That way the great color of the majority of the photo is not changed and only the logs are modified. All photo programs I am aware of have some way of doing the above, so it should be an option for everyone.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2006, 1:01 AM   #15

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
I like them all but the one looking through the gun port or view slit is my favorite. I guess I liked having the frame visible becuase it let me know it was a shot taken from inside the fort.Tom, can you tell us what technique you used to pull out the detail? I am just learning PSP X and that looks like something I should practice.

Thanks,

Tim
I was actually at the top of one of the corner towers shown here in the background of the picture below:

Or here's a better shot of one of the two towers, this one is at the entrance gate though, not at the corner like the other one.

MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote