Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 11, 2006, 1:36 PM   #1

I was curious what methods are employed to protect the rear color LCD screen from smudges and scratches. The local camera shop has some screen covers, but they only have a couple for very specific nikon and canon models, nothing for pentax. I was curious what everyone here uses.
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2006, 2:31 PM   #2

I don't use any protection (for LCD screen I mean :-)). I had three different cameras (canon A70, Panasonic FZ 10 and DL2). never scratched any of them, and sweat smudges are easy to wipe anyway. they are made from pretty tough plastic, I don't think it's easy to scratch them by everyday use.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 3:44 PM   #3

tvguy wrote:
Quote:
I was curious what methods are employed to protect the rear color LCD screen from smudges and scratches. The local camera shop has some screen covers, but they only have a couple for very specific nikon and canon models, nothing for pentax. I was curious what everyone here uses.
Doesn't matter too much who they are made for. I use some general purpose ones. Got a pack of three and covered the compact, her bridge cam and my DL2. Also my PDA and the outer screen of my phone. Still got some left.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 5:48 PM   #4

Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in ... knock on wood, I haven't had any problems with the LCD getting dirty (always carry lens wipes with me) but a month or so ago, someone mentioned a cover for the LCD & viewfinder that looked interesting to me! Not only does it protect the screen but on sunny days, you actually see the image on the screen.

Here's the base model link on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Delkin-eFilm-Pen...QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the deluxe model which also protects the left side buttons but is $15 more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Delkin-Pop-Up-Sh...QQcmdZViewItem

Ihaven't gotten one yet but it is definitely on my ABA list!!! Also, check the seller's store, I believe they offer these for other model cameras!!!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2006, 6:22 PM   #5

my canon printer came covered in clear plastic for protection. it's like thin PDA screen material. cut to size, works great

roy