Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:24 PM   #1

Using Windows XP Pro. In the last few days I've developed a problem. When I try to change the desktop, Rt click, properties, desktop ... the desktop application freezes (does not respond). All I can do is cancel and keepthe same desktop image. Anyone else have this problem or found a solution? Any ideas most welcome. I don't think I have a virus or other malware as I scan regularly.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 12:57 PM   #2

i know a work around. rt clik the image you want as wallpaper > open with> iexplorer> once IE opens the image rt clik it> set as background

don't know about the other problem.

roy
Old Sep 13, 2006, 3:08 PM   #3

Thanks Roy, I was able to figure out how to do that too, but curious about why that tab under properties does not work and the other 4 work with no problem. Can't find error report on web, but maybe if I do a "fix" type reinstall of Windows that will solve the problem.

Cheers, Mike
mgedit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:48 PM   #4

have you ever done a fix reinstall??? i have twice, BOTH failed!!! back up as if you were doing a clean install. i need to do it to my main machine but have been putting it off cause it's such a PITA. good luck.....

roy
Old Sep 13, 2006, 4:58 PM   #5

I had a problem similar to yours once.* It was in XP home however.* The problem was some sort of spyware/virus or something (Smitfraud or something like that).* If you do what they tell you to over here (*http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/You_M...Log-t2852.html ) it should help.* If not, make a post and they'll work you through a solution.* I had to post there once for help with some other thing.* We have since invested in a firewall solution (and I now solely use my iBook) and the family PC no longer gets any of those nasties!
balofagus is offline   Reply With Quote