Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

finally we know it's for real!!!!!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:31 PM   #2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

with these specks i'll probably be upgrading next spring!! this sounds like dream come through.... all i wanted(and more)except TTL still doesn't seem to be supported. enviroment protection at under a grand, wow.

roy
  Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:50 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Black Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Oxford, CT
Posts: 1,309
Default

I also fully intend To Upgrade Next Spring, unless i start hearing Bad things. The only thing That Kinda S--ks is the propiratory Battery. I have Tons of AA Batterys

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:53 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Washington State
Posts: 454
Default

Has anyone decided what kind of sensor is in it. It is the same size (23.5mm x 15.7mm) as the 6mp cameras. Is it also a Sony built sensor or made by Samsung or someone else? Just curious. Sounds like quite a camera - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 5:55 PM   #5
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

i didn't like that either but will have to move on. in 6 months you will be able to get a generic on ebay for cheap. AAs, let's see, i've still got 2 flashes and the fuji that uses them and my mouse and a ring light, etc. they'll definately get used..
  Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 6:11 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
with these specks i'll probably be upgrading next spring!! this sounds like dream come through.... all i wanted(and more)except TTL still doesn't seem to be supported. enviroment protection at under a grand, wow.

roy

No TTL? - does that mean I won't be able to use my AF080C ring flash?
Angle Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 6:24 PM   #7
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Angle Finder wrote:
Quote:
No TTL? - does that mean I won't be able to use my AF080C ring flash?
that's correct.. from the looks of it pentax has completely dropped TTL from it's cameras. it really sucks because there are so many good TTL flashes out there.. that and the lack of AA batteries is a con for me..

roy
  Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 6:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

I will be getting one, but keeping my DS for a backup and it does TTL and uses AA batteries!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 7:25 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6
Default

robar wrote:
Quote:
Angle Finder wrote:
Quote:
No TTL? - does that mean I won't be able to use my AF080C ring flash?
that's correct.. from the looks of it pentax has completely dropped TTL from it's cameras. it really sucks because there are so many good TTL flashes out there.. that and the lack of AA batteries is a con for me..

roy

That's a shame - and no PC socket either (not that I used studio flash - but stil...)

There is an excellent preview over at DP Review, and it does show some subtle cost cutting compared with the D - the battery grip still has the same excellent electrical body contact mount, for instance, but whereas the D has a little door that slides across when the grip is not being used, the K10 makes do with an easily lost rubber bung. why? - the coist saving could only be pennies.

I aslso mourn the passing of AA's. You probably know that Li-Ion cells degrade with time, whether they are used or not. I have an unsued D body in a cupboard that i bought over a year ago when the store was clearing them. Lets assume that the store had in instock for, say, 18 months - that's nearly three years old, but still brand new. A proprietry Lithium ion battery would now be on its last legs due to the elapsed time since manufacture, and a new one would have to be obtained (at great expense, no doubt) As it is, pop in a fresh set of AA's, and off we go.

I was going to sell the unusedD - now I'm reconsidering.
Angle Finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 9:14 PM   #10
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Angle Finder wrote:
Quote:
whereas the D has a little door that slides across when the grip is not being used, the K10 makes do with an easily lost rubber bung. why? - the coist saving could only be pennies.

I aslso mourn the passing of AA's. You probably know that Li-Ion cells degrade with time, whether they are used or not. I have an unsued D body in a cupboard that i bought over a year ago when the store was clearing them. Lets assume that the store had in instock for, say, 18 months - that's nearly three years old, but still brand new. A proprietry Lithium ion battery would now be on its last legs due to the elapsed time since manufacture, and a new one would have to be obtained (at great expense, no doubt) As it is, pop in a fresh set of AA's, and off we go.

I was going to sell the unusedD - now I'm reconsidering.
is the D weather resistant? wish i had $1000+ in a drawer. with what it's worth now i doubt it'll bring the cost of the k10d, never been used or not.. i'll wait for ''user reviews'' and see if i want to update(chances are pretty good) after about 6 months from release.

roy
  Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:57 AM.