Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 14, 2006, 8:34 PM   #11

I wish I could go to a local camera store and see them. Unfortunately, there really aren't any camera shops in my area. All we have are department stores like Sears, Wal-Mart, etc. They have a few camera bags in the electronics department, but nothing great. If I want something like a Lowepro Slingshot I'll probably have to buy it on-line. The problem with that is I can't see it first.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:05 PM   #12

Spend the extra and get a lowpro bag. They are well worth every penny
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 10:58 PM   #13

I have the AW100 by Lowepro, I have the DL with my Sigma EX 28-70mm f/2.8 lens attached, the lens also has a UV filter and CPL filter on and the total length of the camera and lens is about 18.5cm, it sits sideways in the bag. Depending on how you set out the internal padding you could put the camera length ways instead.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the images, Unitl I buy the New K10D I have to use my mobile phone camera to take pics of my Pentax DL. :lol::lol::lol:

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2006, 11:31 PM   #14

I've been using a Tamrac shoulder bag that can hold the K100D with the lens hood of a DA50-200 lens on forward (not reversed against the lens). It's big enough for all kinds of junk - when I was using it for the DS I carried a tabletop tripod, the DA 50-200, a Phoenix 100mm macro, and two small manual lenses (50mm 1.4 and 24mm 2.8). The K100D is just enough heavier that I leave the tripod home.

For hiking I've used a Lowepro Orion 1fanny pack - it's smaller and I'm not sure about carrying a long zoom mounted on a camera in it. I've not been completely satisfied with what I'm using for hiking (I use a hydration pack with the fanny pack, and I'm a bit too short to do this comfortably) so let me know what you decide - I'm looking for alternatives.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 7:58 AM   #15

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I have the AW100 by Lowepro, I have the DL with my Sigma EX 28-70mm f/2.8 lens attached, the lens also has a UV filter and CPL filter on and the total length of the camera and lens is about 18.5cm, it sits sideways in the bag. Depending on how you set out the internal padding you could put the camera length ways instead.

Hope this helps.

Sorry about the images, Unitl I buy the New K10D I have to use my mobile phone camera to take pics of my Pentax DL. :lol::lol::lol:

Crash
Thanks for posting those!!! That helps a lot. It's pretty funny when you use a cell phone to take a picture of a DSLR! :lol: So from the back of your camera body to the tip of that lens setup is 18.5cm ? That's usefull information. When I get my K100D I can use that along with the specs of the Tamron telephoto lens to see if it will fit. Thanks again!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 7:59 AM   #16

I was also looking at the slingshots... but I haven't found any here I can have a gander at. Do they have a place where you can store generic essentials when out and about like a sandwich or something? Or is it all just for the camera?

I was looking through the K10D brochure and saw that they also have a sling bag which looks quite good indeed!
Patang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:09 AM   #17

Patang wrote:
Quote:
I was also looking at the slingshots... but I haven't found any here I can have a gander at. Do they have a place where you can store generic essentials when out and about like a sandwich or something? Or is it all just for the camera?

I was looking through the K10D brochure and saw that they also have a sling bag which looks quite good indeed!
If you go to amazon.com and read the many user reviews of the Slingshot bags, it seems like there is a small amount of extra space (more so on the 200). There should be room to carry a sandwich if you don't try to carry 4 lenses, a flash and a battery charger. You say there is a sling bag in the K100D brochure? I'll have to have a look at that.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:02 AM   #18

Sandwich? No space .
How about pancake? Or pancake lens?

Daniel

Patang wrote:
Quote:
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:55 PM   #19

It has a pouch on the inside in which I carry a couple of SD cards, a pocket on the outside in which I carry a cord remote, a couple of filters, lens cloth, two extra sets of batteries. In the top pocket I carry my Sigma EF500 DG flash, hot shoes and curly cord, flash diffuser and IR remote.

In the main part, have camera, and a variety of lenses, usual combinations are DL with Sigma EX 28-70, Sigma EX 24 f1.7, Tokina RMC 80-200 f/4.5, Pentax SMC-A 50 f1.7, 2 x teleconverter. somtimes I will swap lenses and put in others. The AW200 is larger all over so if you want something wider in the same format the AW200 might be the way to go.

The Pentax shoulder bag looks identical the Lowepro AW100 bag...go figure.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote