Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:27 PM   #11

I read this thread early on and decided to jump on one also, bought from cameta also, just came today and my initial impression of it is that it's fat. Large compared to my other lenses. I haven't had a chance to play with it much though since I got it, but I snapped a couple shots of my son for fun and they turned out fine. AF worked fine so the lens appears to be perfectly fine. It'll take a little time to get used to the lens on the camera, but I'm happy to say it's going to replace the kit lens as my walkabout lens.
MadMikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 7:40 PM   #12

Yep, it is a bit heavy! Will take some getting used to. But as long as it takes good sharp pics, I can live with heavy.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:15 PM   #13

Pop Photo Review of this lens http://www.popphoto.com/assets/downl...2004165542.pdf
Foxbat121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:49 PM   #14

Ira-

Well I just got home and the Sigma 24-135mm from Cameta was there waiting for me. However, it did not want to work on either my DS or my K100D. Any ideas?

MT/Sarah
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 11:28 PM   #15

Ira, You've mentioned Zoom creep and electronics problems. How long did it take for the Zoom creep to appear and how bad is it? Also, can you be more specific about the electronics problems. $300+ is a lot of money to spend on a lens that doesn't work properly.. Thanks in advance.

Jeff

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:10 AM   #16

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Ira-

Well I just got home and the Sigma 24-135mm from Cameta was there waiting for me. However, it did not want to work on either my DS or my K100D. Any ideas?

MT/Sarah
Did you try setting the Option to allow aperture ring? Some people have mentioned that about this lens.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:11 AM   #17

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
Ira, You've mentioned Zoom creep and electronics problems. How long did it take for the Zoom creep to appear and how bad is it? Also, can you be more specific about the electronics problems. $300+ is a lot of money to spend on a lens that doesn't work properly.. Thanks in advance.

Jeff
Buy it from Cameta (off ebay) brand new for $99 + shipping - that's where I got mine and a lot of others did too.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 12:39 AM   #18

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Am I looking at the same Lens?? I know there are price differences among stores but....

Jeff

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:56 AM   #19

I hate to say this, but yes, it's the same lens. 24-135mm F2.8-4.5 IF lens for Pentax AF. That's what I got. Looks the same as the picture on bh site. I can't see it being any different other than the enormous price difference. I looked it up elsewhere also and when I saw Cameta on ebay selling it for so much cheaper I jumped on it. I bought another lens from them before and have no issues with them, the lens was brand new in box so I trusted them. Same goes for this Sigma lens I bought also, brand new in original packing in the box.

See for yourself:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sigma-24-135mm-L...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Sep 22, 2006, 7:44 AM   #20

mtclimber wrote:
Quote:
Ira-

MT/Sarah
Make sure the aperture ring is lockec to A position.
Foxbat121 is offline   Reply With Quote