Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 15, 2006, 8:30 PM   #1

Firmware is version 1.01. What's this going to do with the "Date Style" with the "Playback Display Method"??

You may think this bug is a minor one but this reflects somehow Pentax was too rush to complete their firmware, before more complete checking and testing. And, I have never seen similar obvious bug(s) in any DCs/DSLRs I have owned/used.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:40 PM   #2

more gripes, more BS!!
wish you would buy a canon or a nikon or a sony!! whatever.!!
basicly,,,,, just go away!!!!
Old Sep 15, 2006, 9:48 PM   #3

robar wrote:
Quote:
more gripes, more BS!!
BS? What BS on Earth is worse than those made by people who are unable to see *any* "negative" facts and not allowing others to even mention, just because of the silly blind brand loyalty?

RiceHigh
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:02 AM   #4

Guys/gals, what is Your problem? Do we start arguing on some misspellings in menus :-) It is obvious that they meant "Data" that is amount of image related data displayed on default playback image. Regarding FW issues the biggest IMHO is EV adjust behaviour which makes Auto ISO nearly unusable- as You remember the issue was: if You adjust EV then ISO drops to 200 and stays there. Nothing special and even good in some cases but still slightly annoying- if I am wanting to underexpose I want to get what I intended but not at such an amount. The wildest demo: shoot 3200 with -1 EV=6400 but I get ISO 200 with -1 EV.
Anyway K100D is superb entry (or even slightly more) class dSLR at a very affordable price enabling the taste of creative photography for even more people than before. Thanks Pentax!

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 3:58 AM   #5

Reps wrote:
Quote:
Guys/gals, what is Your problem? Do we start arguing on some misspellings in menus :-) It is obvious that they meant "Data" that is amount of image related data displayed on default playback image.
Not really. There is the "Date Style" menu nearby in the setting option sub-menu. It is a bug afterall.

Quote:
Regarding FW issues the biggest IMHO is EV adjust behaviour which makes Auto ISO nearly unusable- as You remember the issue was: if You adjust EV then ISO drops to 200 and stays there. Nothing special and even good in some cases but still slightly annoying- if I am wanting to underexpose I want to get what I intended but not at such an amount. The wildest demo: shoot 3200 with -1 EV=6400 but I get ISO 200 with -1 EV.
Right, but do note that *all* Pentax DSLRs have this problem. So, afterall, it's not a bug this time. It's a nonsense design.

Quote:
Anyway K100D is superb entry (or even slightly more) class dSLR at a very affordable price enabling the taste of creative photography for even more people than before. Thanks Pentax!
I will never thank Pentax because they should thank us instead because we selected them and paid.

RiceHigh
Old Sep 16, 2006, 4:41 AM   #6

Quote:
more gripes, more BS!!
Why, are you so afraid to know the truth???

Did you know that Canon and Nikon users are in fact "Keen to learn the truth of things"? (That is why they canhelp their manufacturers toimprove)
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:55 AM   #7

The issue is not the truth, it is that Ricehigh only has negative things to say about Pentax cameras, except his MZ-S and we would like some positive things to even things out. I have a MZ-S and it is a great camera but I still like my DS better, then my LX and then the MZ-S.

Posting some photos would be nice also, which he did a while back but now it is back to just constant complaining and then buying new Pentax gear that he is not happy with.

But at least he has used the equipment and has a basis for his complaints, while you have never use any Pentax DSLR and have one criticism after another with no practical application to draw from, just something you read somewhere.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:00 AM   #8

Quote:
But at least he has used the equipment and has a basis for his complaints, while you have never use any Pentax DSLR and have one criticism after another with no practical application to draw from, just something you read somewhere.
Yeah, and he can be one of my great advisor too.
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:50 AM   #9

"There are always two, the master and the apprentice, that is the way of the Sith"
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:52 AM   #10

Quote:
"There are always two, the master and the apprentice, that is the way of the Sith"

No problem, I can let him be my (Pentax information) master. (Glad to be)

I am surely lack of informations about Pentax except that.......(you wouldn't want to hear about it in this moment...)