Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:45 PM   #11

Hummf - I saw those 2 lenses, but they are going to go beyond what I can afford to spend, someone else has a higher max than I can do - Urrrr!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2006, 11:57 PM   #12

Ya I know what you mean. The day I bought mine, I thought I'd gone totally nuts (and I got a pretty good deal), but now looking back, it was the best purchase I've made for camera equipment so far-including camera bodies. Superb lens........cheers.....Don

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Hummf - I saw those 2 lenses, but they are going to go beyond what I can afford to spend, someone else has a higher max than I can do - Urrrr!
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:34 AM   #13

Wow. Great shots. Can't get any sharper than that. Did you use a tripod or was it hand held?
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 1:54 AM   #14

This was really something! Congrats and thanks for sharing Thek!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 9:57 AM   #15

Hey - in my frustration at not being able to afford either one of those *300 lenses, I forgot to say how awesome these photos are! They made losing out on these lenses all that much harder to take...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:59 AM   #16

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Wow! Love them all, but especially the one of the Red Winged Blackbird--it's wing looks like it is on fire--excellent lighting effect. Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:14 AM   #17

I am sure that my pictures would improve with a really nice lens like that, but there is no denying the talent of the photographer.

Don, I salute you.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:28 PM   #18

Thanks royce. On these I took my monopod along, but I usually just brace it against myself to help steady-not fully extended on the ground. Leaves more flexibility and helps steady it a bit......cheers.......Don

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Wow. Great shots. Can't get any sharper than that. Did you use a tripod or was it hand held?
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:34 PM   #19

Thanks very much Ira. I've been working at this for a couple of years now. The lens really does help, and the new SR body does too. I have to say it's a godsend for shooting of this type. I wouldn't have made the change in bodies if I wasn't out all the time chasing birds around. The DS would have been just fine. My biggest worry is the new k10. If it blows away the others especially in the IQ dept., I'll no doubt be switching again... There's no hope for me......cheers..Don.

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
I am sure that my pictures would improve with a really nice lens like that, but there is no denying the talent of the photographer.

Don, I salute you.

Ira
Old Sep 16, 2006, 12:39 PM   #20

Sorry to hear you lost out there mtngal. If you have the 50-200DA, it takes great shots too. IQ is exellent. I think it's one of the best lenses available and I can't believe it is such a low price. Just boost the ISO and get a k100, and it would work very well I'm sure for bird shooting. I'm going to give it a run today to see how it does on the k100. Cheers.......Don

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Hey - in my frustration at not being able to afford either one of those *300 lenses, I forgot to say how awesome these photos are! They made losing out on these lenses all that much harder to take...