Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:19 PM   #11

I was told the same thing in a local store. 10D was not announced at that time. I think the staff might havegot confused with thesony alpha
NotLeo2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 1:44 AM   #12

many thanks for your replies, you have all confirmed what i thought, unless the new pentax comes in at a reasonable price it is a trade off between the e500 (dust removal) and the 100d (sr)

sorry to mention the e500 on on your site, my apologies to you all and again thanks for your help

best wishes, alan
jad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 8:03 AM   #13

jad123 wrote:
Quote:
many thanks for your replies, you have all confirmed what i thought, unless the new pentax comes in at a reasonable price it is a trade off between the e500 (dust removal) and the 100d (sr)

sorry to mention the e500 on on your site, my apologies to you all and again thanks for your help

best wishes, alan
LOL! While we will vigorouslydefend our Pentax cameras forever, we usually are willing to admit that there are lots of other excellent cameras out there (unlike some fanatics ofcertain other camera manufacturers)and won't get hostile if you decide on something else. Just don't try to convince us that our cameras aren't good at what they do well.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 12:13 PM   #14

mtngal, i do not know the major differences between dslr cameras, i would not intend to insult your cameras, as you pentax users have helped me immensely, in my quest to buya dslr, far more than the olympus forum did when i asked them a question, i am still so undecided on what to buy, i walked out of the shop on saturday convinced that the 100d, along with the sigma 70-300 lens, however he will only get it on order, so i cannot view the item, until i have bought it, (might as well buy on the net)would be the ideal solution, however it came in at £670 approx, of whidh is more than i want to pay, the e500 2 lens kit is £550,

i suppose it would be nice to earn more than i do, but thats life, no slight to pentax cameras or users was intended

thanks alan

jad123 is offline   Reply With Quote