Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1

Autumn seems to be arriving early this year (did someone reset the seasons and forget to tell me?)

The oak leaves are beginning to change

Sad that summer is ending but the great colour show that is autumn will help to soften the blow of winter

I will sorely miss those long summer nights, but the forests will shine with the autumn flame

Post your autumn colours here and please feel free to comment

All photos in this posting were shot with the Sigma 24-135mm f2.8-4.5. When I get the opportunity I will take the Pentax-M 50mm f1.7 and try some more srtistic shots.

Enjoy

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2006, 6:06 PM   #2

Sssssh!! The Dogberries are hiding:

Ira
Old Sep 16, 2006, 6:12 PM   #3

Wow Ira, some nice shots of some beautiful colors. The leaves are just starting to turn here. It's not all that noticable yet, but there are signs that the change is fast approaching. I'm envious, your getting the jump on me I hope to have some very colorful pics in a couple weeks to a month. Enjoy it while it lasts, winter is approaching WAY to fast for my taste.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2006, 11:13 PM   #4

Your photos are so lovely! Autumn is such a pretty, photogenic time of year - in some ways better than spring. This will probably be the closest thing I'll get to autumn colors - taken in Yosemite just over a week ago.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 2:11 AM   #5

Ira, those pictures are just as good as I would expect from you, your really "on mummy's street" doing this. (Do you have that expression in English?)

Harriet, yours is a hit! Wall poster!

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 5:28 AM   #6

Is it Alison or Harriet??? Anyway, I like the way the light falls on that image.

"Mummy's street" - not that I know of - is mum as in mother or as in Egypt.

Ira, you get it first - surprised you even get summer!
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 6:28 AM   #7

"To be on your mother's street" = to know the territory very well. If it was mummy as in Egypt it would be a bit spooky:shock:.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 8:20 AM   #8

Thanks Kjell, it wasn't "Mummy's street" but it was my own back yard.

Harriet, beautiful framing, love the way the evergreens take up the sides, the branch is brightly lit and the rock wall gives a backdrop.

nlp239, very funny, I live at the same latitude as Paris, actually south of London. Compared to me Kjell lives in the far north. We do get pretty much the same weather though, darn that Labrador current anyway!!

Ira

Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:28 AM   #9

Well, I promised some M 50mm f1.7 shots, this should be an eye opener for those who think modern zooms are a match for 25 year old good primes.

Burning bush revisited:

And again:

And yet again:

And here is a comparison between a close focus shot at f8 and f1.7, DOF is extremely limited:

These shots were taken this morning, with the light from the opposite direction and slightly overcast, but that has nothing to do with the difference in sharpness.

Ira
Old Sep 17, 2006, 9:42 AM   #10

Great shots (as always). You're right about the old primes--my manual 50mm f1.7 and 1.4 are great pieces of glass.

I listened to a naturalist on the radio yesterday, and he said fall colrs would be good but very fast turning and short lived this year (at least in MN).
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote