Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 16, 2006, 10:42 PM   #11

I have noticed some under exposures with these methods and will usually adjust the edial (thumbwheel) until I obtain a +1.0 reading.

The more you play the more you will feel confident with it.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 12:45 PM   #12

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I have noticed some under exposures with these methods and will usually adjust the edial (thumbwheel) until I obtain a +1.0 reading.

The more you play the more you will feel confident with it.
I
I've noticed that as well. Don't want to hijack, but the 'Using aperture ring' bit that has to be set in the menu for old M lenses hasn't been mentioned unless I missed it. My question........is there any harm in leaving this menu setting as 'allowed' all the time, i.e. for all lenses?
SteveB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:10 PM   #13

yes, you can leave it on ''allowed'' all the time. the cam will 'remember' it when you turn it off. the camera that is.

roy
Old Sep 17, 2006, 1:41 PM   #14

SteveB wrote:
Quote:
I've noticed that as well. Don't want to hijack, but the 'Using aperture ring' bit that has to be set in the menu for old M lenses hasn't been mentioned unless I missed it. My question........is there any harm in leaving this menu setting as 'allowed' all the time, i.e. for all lenses?

I set mine on "...allowed..." as soon as I found it in the menu, it has stayed there ever since even though I only occasionally use manual aperture lenses.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2006, 11:42 AM   #15

yeah i leave mine on all the time. as a matter of fact, i liked the method of using the ae-l button for exposure in manual mode that i use it on my auto lenses now too! i also moved the focusing on auto lenses from the 1/2 press of the shutter button to the OK button on the back. that way with an auto lens, it doesn't readjust the focus when you want to 1/2 press the shutter to get a new metering. its quickly become a very fast method for me, but my wife hates it because she always forgets!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote