Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:40 AM   #11

ok, so i went back to my camera shop and bought the 50mm f1.7 smc-f lens they had for $45. I figured i'd pick one, either that or the smc-a lens i bought the day before (for $30), and sell one on ebay. well, i checked the ebay prices and decided to sell the smc-f. i paid $45 for it. 2 just sold on ebay for over $150 last night! I already put it up there w/buy it now for $150, i can't believe i got such a good deal on it. man these lenses are hot! the store i bought it from even sells things on ebay, i can't believe they wouldn't know all the pentax lenses hav become hot commodities.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:50 AM   #12

Hey Tom,
Nice shot. I remember you posted that before. It is a beauty that Pentax can allow such backward compatibility.
I am interested in the 645 setup for dig 35mm. The 645 prime tele appear to be a lot cheaper to get than those of 35mm You would need an adapter. Is that expensive and difficult to find?
Does it act just like an ‘M' lens on DL or K100D?
What is the going rate for 400mm – 500mm Pentax 645 prime?

Daniel

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Funny you should ask, here is a shot with a A* 300mm 645 lens on my DS.

The focal length is still 300mm (that never changes) but the crop factor is much greater than a 300mm 35mm film lens would be on the DS. The 645 adapter only allows MF on the DS since no lens iformation can be transmitter through the adapter.

Tom
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 1:17 PM   #13

Daniel,

The 645 to K adapters are getting hard to find and when you do they range from $75-$125 unless you find someone that has not idea what it is worth. The 645 lenses are less expensive than the K mount many times, but if you look at the 645n AF lenses, they are very expensive just like their 35mm counterparts.

I paid $250 for mine, which is about half of what a A* 300mm 35mm lens would go for, but you may find one less expensive also. There are quite a few people getting into medium format film not that the prices are down on the equipment, so there is still a market for the lenses and the camera bodies.

Don't forget to look internationally on ebay also, but if you get one for more than $200 you will have to pay an import fee to have it shipped to you, at least here in the US.

I know I posted the photo before, but since others had not seen the quality of using MF lenses on the DS, I thought I would post it again.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:58 AM   #14

Tpm,
Does not sound easy or inexpensive at all. I am looking for some adapter. There is one almost $200. Next time I am in those old shop I have one more item to look for beside Pentax prime )K).
Daniel

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,

The 645 to K adapters are getting hard to find and when you do they range from $75-$125 unless you find someone that has not idea what it is worth. The 645 lenses are less expensive than the K mount many times, but if you look at the 645n AF lenses, they are very expensive just like their 35mm counterparts.

I paid $250 for mine, which is about half of what a A* 300mm 35mm lens would go for, but you may find one less expensive also. There are quite a few people getting into medium format film not that the prices are down on the equipment, so there is still a market for the lenses and the camera bodies.

Don't forget to look internationally on ebay also, but if you get one for more than $200 you will have to pay an import fee to have it shipped to you, at least here in the US.

I know I posted the photo before, but since others had not seen the quality of using MF lenses on the DS, I thought I would post it again.

Tom
Old Sep 21, 2006, 1:42 AM   #15

It is too late. The price of 645 lens has gone up and is probably just behind that of 35mm now that Pentax has just announced that it will bring out 645D. I used the current bid of an A*300mmF4 in 645 format as an example.

Daniel