Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 2, 2007, 1:57 PM   #11

Nice photos! I just purchased a Pentax K10d From a big Box store on line and had to exchange it because it was completely dead. I started to get a bad feeling about this camera but after seeing your photos I can't wait to get my replacement!
RickyRockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2007, 10:58 PM   #12

Wow, what lovely shots to start with, well done.
Rodney9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 4:47 PM   #13

Sorry for my tardiness in finding your post & likewise, welcome to the forum! Congrats on your purchase! I'm so envious...I'm still shooting a ist-dl but someday! But I'm also jealous of these photo-ops....just incredible! You did very well ...especially for your first day! Which reminds me, I just realized that it's been 3 weeks since this thread began....where are some more pictures??? Come on, you live in the hall of fame of fall...aren't those leaves beginning to turn yet???:G:G:G

I live in So. Illinois (about 20 minutes from the Gateway Arch in St. Louis) ...it's October 5 & it was 91 degrees today...we need some sign from y'all in the North that is some possibility that fall is coming someday!:?:?:?The only way that we can tell that is October is that the combines are out harvesting the corn & soybeans!

Send help PLEASE!!!
Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 5:10 PM   #14

Hi JeanneB

For your first Shots theses are all excellent. My favorites are 2 and 4. but I am a lighthouse fanatic.

BK

Ron(Wadue)

Beeen in the upper 80s here for the last fellow days. And we are in the middle of a drought, So the leaves that do Turn just fall Off. We are expecting the Cooler Air back, sometime around Wednesday

BK

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:16 PM   #15

Take your scenics while you can - they are great - but you needn't drive all the way to the coast to enjoy your camera. Both the cameera and that lensare so flexible, that there are many other opportunities you can take advantage of. On those days that you can't or don't want to go far afield, don't neglect the opportunities around your own home - in particularthere is a wild and wonderful world in your own back yard, as I have come to appreciate. In all my years of film photography, I hardly ever took a picture unless I was going somewhere away from home, but now with dslrs things are very different. Enjoy, experiment, and let us see more of your good work.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2007, 9:19 PM   #16

Wow nice shots, your going to love the K100D, I wish I had that kind of scenery.
2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:20 AM   #17

Thanks for the compliments everyone although funny that my thread has been bumped almost a year later (notice it says 2006:-)). I've had a year now with myK100 and I love it,thanks to LBA I've since purchased the 50mm 1.4 and the 10-17 fisheye and most recently I purchased the Tamron 18-250 after much debating about whether or not Iwas ready togive up my 18-55/50-200 combo. Opposite direction from the coast, here area few taken with the 18-250 up north last weekend near my parents camp, including a couple fall foliage shots that you asked about Ron.:-)It's been in the 80's here also, crazy, but it's supposed to cool down starting tomorrow.

JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 8:32 AM   #18

These are fabulous shots, and as for when you took the first set, Good Pictures never get old, we just take them out of the album and go over and over them again and again.

Terry

2many is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:09 AM   #19

Well, you certainly do it justice! Great stuff!!!

Eddie
Eddie OM35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:53 AM   #20

Hi JeanneB

Did not notice the date (LOL). This set of Shots are Excellent Also. Congrats on the new lense.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote