Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 21, 2006, 12:34 PM   #11

Thank you, nadnerb!

Photo and interpretation II:

An old TV video output contrast a new VGA, DVI, HDM, Digital LCD video output, they almost no difference between the cost of manufacture.

The new adapter is used to replace the old adapter only. The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to as high-definition video signal output. Only need to improve the firmware.

In fact, this is not a technical problem, but need to thought, For K10D.

Attached Images

Timon@Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:10 PM   #12

does anyone actually uses this glases thing?? or is it just to show that it can be done? it's like bluetooth headsets for mobiles. you get them free when you sign new contract but only taxi drivers use them due to law saying that you cant't use your mobie while driving.
recent study in UK showe that around 70% people say that technology and new gadgets plays very important role in thair life but 50% never use any advanced features of their mobile (like picture taking, video shooting, MP3 playback) but they still buy them because of "new feature" which they hardly use.
I don't say that I don't want it or it's stupid idea, I just say that it's just usseles for majority of users and it's not something many peple consider "must have right now"

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:48 PM   #13

This past summer I used the video out to connect to a large lcd tv (HD) for the purpose of showing friends and family pictures from a vacation. In this instance it was quite useful - I didn't have to upload pictures to a laptop, didn't have to even bring a laptop, and the display on the tv was just what I'd see when reviewing the camera. Overall, it was an effective way to show the pictures to everyone at once.

Even though my camera wasn't sending an HD signal, the pictures looked fine. In truth, this would probably always be sufficient, because I don't ever imagine trying to edit/process my pictures via a video connection (i.e., without a computer). Maybe if the camera had a mouse/keyboard attachment and photoshop built into the firmware I'd change my mind.

Still, sounds like it would've been easy for Pentax to output HD video and stick another feather in their cap. don't know why they passed...
pwithem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 10:57 PM   #14

"The old analogue TV format will be stopped. With low definition old TV used to watch high-definition digital images inappropriate"

Who cares? I just want to take pictures not spend all my money on the extra garbage.
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:39 AM   #15

Only Outdoors, Only Play Back Photos!

An old TV video output contrast a new VGA, DVI, HDM, Digital LCD video output, they almost no difference between the cost of manufacture.

The new adapter is used to replace the old adapter only.

The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to as high-definition video signal output. Only need to improve the firmware.

In fact, this is not a technical problem, but need to thought, For K10D.

No one forced you to buy mini Display unit.

You can also to say : I dislike camera and not spend all my money on the extra garbage.
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:06 AM   #16

Some people make irresponsible remarks, simply because they did not understand.

How do you like the old television?

How do you like your DSLR camera play back photos using a old TV as your Monitor?!

Do you like your new camera continuethat old television video output? !

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:18 AM   #17

"only outdoor" how do you intend to do that? with one of this glasses thing? on your picture it shows only 800x600 resolution

how do i like old tv: there's hardly and HD programs right now in UK tv and won't be for couple of years at least, except football on Sky which I don't watch, and HDTV set costs 500 pound up, so not for me right now

how do I like DSLR playback on ANY TV: not really, I print one I like

and last question: doesn't bother me, if it can be easy done without extra cost why not, but saying it's "urgently needed" is a bit too much.

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:22 AM   #18

How do you like your DSLR camera play back photos using a old TV as your Monitor?!

Do you like your new camera continueoffer that old television video output? !

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:23 AM   #19

Do you like your new camera continueofferthat old television video output? !

Old Sep 22, 2006, 3:34 AM   #20

I dont know if you are trying to promote one of your own products, discourage us from buying a K10d or are actually offering useful advice

Sorry if I seem skeptical
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote