Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:32 PM   #51

Quote:
HDMI and UDI - I don't know what's that but I don't think it's widespread standard, and won't be for couple years. in couple years you'd have new cameras supporting this connections (if anyone finds them useful in camera)

The Digital Camera has emerged in the market to support the HDMI, March 2006.It has supported HDMI to playback photos.

While I hope that not only HDMI. At present, the more necessary to have VGA or DVI port, Digital Camera.

In other words, you really do not understand the situation; and simply to hostility; merely seeking to stir up trouble.
Timon@Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:36 PM   #52

so it would look like this: connect camera to one monitor, view you pictures, disconnect, connect to PC, download, open in Photoshop.
why not connect to PC and download straight away?

This a quote of your post from first page: "Only Outdoors, Only Play Back Photos!"

so your 3rd answer applies BUT s-video doesn't carry HDTV signal so this 7" monitor should work with current connection.

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:39 PM   #53

Also need to continue?

2. Image processing used by the monitors usually have two input port.

Quote:
why not connect to PC and download straight away?
no problem, Image processing used by the monitors usually have two input port. OK?

Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:43 PM   #54

sorry for not understanding situation, being ignorant and plainly stupid.

first you say you want it only outdoors, then you want to connect it to computer monitor, then to 7" monitor with s-video cable (which doesn't carry HDTV signal). you really should make up your mind why you actually want this thing in camera.

you'd still need to download them to computer to do editing, so why not skipping viewing from camera on monitor and dowlowading straight away?

I think I just go back to my prints and leave you to world of HDTV signal and the actual use of it.
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:46 PM   #55

Hi guys/gals- I highly appreciate Your concern about HDTV support but... For me dSLR is a creative thing, shooting RAW always now so I do not even have a faintest idea of sharing these pics out of cam :-( - and OK when I PP them I NEVER upload them to my dSLR again- for this purpose there are several gadgets capable of on-screen/video-out stuff for sharing/viewing... This problem is more addressed to those compact owners with 16:9 image (like P******c)- they shoot and want to share immediately- IMHO. But it is just me :-)

Best and happier post processing and less pixel/tech-peeping, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:47 PM   #56

I hope to modify my PENTAX DSLR camera is that it can VGA output.
Old Sep 28, 2006, 4:58 PM   #57

I have a lot of experience of failure.

Outdoor photography, I have a lot of experience of failure.

If you will going to outdoor photography, do not want to tote a heavy notebook computer and insufficient 2 hours batteries, and you hope will be can meanwhile the immediate viewing large screen images, the camera must be able to output SVGA or DVI signals. It is connecting to with external monocular eyeglass-Micro Display or 7-Inch Light LCD Display.

If outdoors you replay RAW photos, will be can simple and direct Playback, will be have large size Display!
Old Sep 28, 2006, 5:18 PM   #58

Quote:
you'd still need to download them to computer to do editing, so why not skipping viewing from camera on monitor and dowlowading straight away?

no problem, Image processing used by the monitors usually have two input port. OK?

At rooms, I usually download images to computer.

However, if the camera is VGA output function, I will be the first direct viewing images using 19" or 22" monitor. Then download the images. Abandoned images will be not download.

Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:13 PM   #59

You seem to want to process your images in camera first, by looking at them on a large monitor and then deleting the ones you don't want. I find that far less convenient than taking the card out, then using CS2 to view them on a monitor, and deleting the ones I don't want from CS2.

In camera processing seems clumsy to me, which is why I don't see the point.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:16 PM   #60

By the way, the yellow and white text is very hard to read if you are not using a black background like I am.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote