Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 18, 2006, 10:21 AM   #1

I have used the PENTAX cameras over 20 years. With the PENTAX Super-ME began, I hold more PENTAX cameras. I hope PENTAX can do better.

The PENTAX Digital SLR Camera K10D Video Output Format Problem

The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to high-definition video signal output.

However, K10D only provide an old TV video signal output device, this is the worst.

In fact, this is not a technical problem, but need to think, For K10D.

Many peoples never use that old TV to replay Photos of the Digital SLR camera. This design does no value. Some earliest DSLR image processors only included have the old TV video signal output. However, consumer bought is that no value the function, if you buy Digital SLR camera.

The old analogue TV format will be stopped. With low-definition of old TV replay high-definition digital photos inappropriate. The PENTAX K10D digital SLR camera just continues to provide old video output format. This Design is an extremely inappropriate, today.

The consumer needs have the SVGA 800*600 or higher Video output, and will be can switch to VGA and DVI Adapter ports. The VGA or DVI connector can be micro-ports, and connecting to the Camera body.

PENTAX K10D has new hardware equipped, the need to improve the firmware, for SVGA or Digital LCD video output unit.

An old TV video output comparison a VGA, DVI, HDMI, Digital LCD video output; they are almost no difference between the costs of manufacture. The new adapter is used to replace the old adapter only. The K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function.

This will be can also: With the camera internal monitor signal provide for an external video port. Will be the high-definition video signal. You can easily connecting to the external display unit. The RAW format images to be immediately replayed, and large size display.

If with SVGA or DVI Output, K10D firmware needs to be improved. It is also requires some additional items setting, such as: User choose SGVA or Video, User choose Monitor Gamma 2.2 or 1.8, User choose Resolution 800x600 / 640x480 / 1024x768 / 800x480 / 1024x640, etc. These items can append in the menu.

If you will going to outdoor photography, do not want to tote a heavy notebook computer and insufficient 2 hours batteries, and you hope will be can meanwhile the immediate viewing large screen images, the camera must be able to output SVGA or DVI signals. It is connecting to with external monocular eyeglass-Micro Display or 7-Inch Light LCD Display.

If you are a serious-photographer, you will want to have external larger screen, will be simple and direct replay photos, because you are at outdoors. The Camera-Display is too small, and could not meet requirements.

The 7-Inch LCD, Resolution 800x480 (16:9) or 640x480 (4:3), 0.4-0.5Kg, Power Supply 5V DC, VGA or DVI input port.

The especially handy, a monocular eyeglass-Micro Display, You can watch the images will be 10 Inch or higher, SVGA 852*600 or 800*600, at outdoors! The Power consumption is 50mA 3V DC only, and Very minimum weight. The Outdoors under bright sunshine, you can be: Better Display, more Agile, and Larger image!

[align=left]http://www.emagin.com/[/align]

[align=left]http://www.emagin.com/products/OLEDMD/OLED-XL.php[/align]

[align=left]The eMagin OLED Microdisplay Products:[/align]

[align=left]http://www.emagin.com/pdf/SVGA_final.pdf
[/align]
The Digital SLR Camera can support direct printing; but why is there no support for connecting external monitors? (For a larger screen direct display)

I guess, CANON Digital SLR camera will be support high-definition video output, less than one year.

(Sorry, the English is not my mother language, Please forgive the language problem.)

Attached Images

Timon@Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 19, 2006, 4:09 AM   #2

Many peoples never use that old TV video signal output for watch Photos, on the Digital SLR camera. The design does not value.

Some earliest DSLR image processor only covered the old television video signal output.

The PENTAX K10D new image processor has supported HDTV video and digital LCD signal output function; Digital photos can switch to high-definition video signal output.

K10D image processor: PRIME (PENTAX Real Image Engine), made by NuCORE Inc.

However,PENTAX engineers only offer an old television video signal output device on the K10D. This is the worst.

In fact, this is not a technical issue,but thought the problem.

PENTAX K10D has hardware equipped, the need to improve the firmware, for SVGA or Digital LCD video output unit.

The Digital SLR Camera can support direct printing; but why is there no support for connecting external monitors? (For a big screen direct display)

I guess,CANON Digital SLR camera will provide high-definition video output, less than one year.

(I have used the PENTAX cameras over 20 years. With the PENTAX Super-ME begin. I had more PENTAX cameras.)
Attached Images

Old Sep 19, 2006, 8:53 PM   #3

I don't quite see the point of video from a DSLR. That's not what it's for. It's for taking still photos.

If you want video, get a video camera. They are specialized for video.

Pentax does have a program that you can use to shoot tethered to a computer. It is somewhere on their Web site.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:04 AM   #4

Using Video Camera? Not.

The DSLR photos to play back, only.

The DSLR have old TV Video output function, any one DSLR, you can play back images, with a DSLR video signal output using an old TV as your monitor. Many peoples never use that old TV video signal output for watch Photos, on the Digital SLR camera.

Who will be willing to use the old TV for watch DSLR' photo? The design does not value.

If you will going to outdoors, do not want to carry a heavy notebook computer, and meanwhile the need for immediate viewing large images, the camera must be able to output SVGA signals. It is connecting to with external Micro Display or 7 Inch Light LCD Display.

A monocular Micro Display can offer 10 inches or above display effect. We need SVGA or digital LCD signal,it is not the old TV.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:00 AM   #5

Wow that white text is hard to read when you are not using a black background!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:57 PM   #6

Photo and interpretation
Attached Images

Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:02 PM   #7

On the same thought, why don't K10D also let me surf internet? It has the LCD and fastprocessor. After all, this will be another reason that I don't have to bring a laptop with me all the time. :-)
Foxbat121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:37 PM   #8

Hey mate, I understand you, I don't why no one else does.
I'll try and explain....

Firstly he is not talking about recording video on a DLSR!

Currently most cameras output a low resolution video stream which is pretty much useless if you're trying to review your photos on a TV. (blurry, low res, no detail etc etc)
Since more and more people are switching to HD TVs which can handle better resolutions then the cameras should follow suit allowing people to see their images on a TV at higher resolutions - actually making the whole thing worthwhile.

The reason why [email protected] brought this all up is the fact that the PRIME processor in the k10D actually has all the technology to do this.
Pentax wouldn't have to spend more money on developing a chip to do this, or increasing the end cost with more parts etc as its already there in the camera.
Pentax are choosing not to use this great feature (which afaik, would be a first in a DSLR!)
It would be as simple as adding an extra output to the camera body and connecting it to the chip.

Well, thats roughly what he is saying.

BTW, [email protected] where are you from?

nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:08 AM   #9

I wonder why everyone wants view their photos on monitor or TV? is print dying slowly like film?

I agree that HDTV brings great details and shrpness to tv screen, but if you want to view your photos on HDTV it's better fo burn them on DVD or CD and play through DVD player. if you don't have PC or MAC you can go to a photo lab and ask them to move your photos from card to DVD. you won't store all your photos on SD cards and plug your camera to TV every time you want to view them.

for me it's a feature I never used

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:01 AM   #10

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
I agree that HDTV brings great details and shrpness to tv screen, but if you want to view your photos on HDTV it's better fo burn them on DVD or CD and play through DVD player.

DVD resolution is only 720x480. Hardly HDTV.

Most HDTVs today have media card readers built-in already. Why should Penatx or any other DSLR brand spend money and waste precious space on the camera to implement such a video output? I'd like them to save those useless features and save me some $ so that I can afford to buy a few better lens like the new DA* lenses which easily cost more than your HDTV. You probably have to sell your HDTV to buy those lens in the first place
Foxbat121 is offline   Reply With Quote