Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:54 AM   #1

OK, after various mediocre results using generic and old flash units I plunked down my money and waited the weeks until my AF-360FGZ flash arrived.

I turned on the flash and set it to wireless then turned on my *istDS, one in each hand, expecting the 'wireless' to fire the flash. No such luck.

Was I deluded to think the camera has 'wireless'? Or, as I now conclude, 'wireless' can only be used to control a slave AF-360FGZ from another master AF-360FGZ either mounted on the camera or connected by cables?

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2006, 12:18 PM   #2

john,
AFAIK, the DS does not do wireless. i think only the D & K10D have wireless capability

roy
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:29 PM   #3

Thanks, the table on page 153 of the camera manual says 'wireless', 'yes'. Page 155 says use two AF360FGZ, great,I have already had to sell one of the children for medical experiments to pay for this one. Grrrrrrrrrrr.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 2:01 PM   #4

The K10D no support wireless flash with in-house flash, you need to 2 external Pentax flash for wireless flash. From Pentax Japanese website FAQ.

Timon@Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:57 PM   #5

So am I to understand that the DL flash will not work with wireless with the AF360?. I thought the external flash was triggered optically by the onbpard flash?

Hmmm......more investigation needed:?

F
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:17 PM   #6

Oh yes, it looks like I can use the AF360FGZ as a slave triggered by the onboard flash, but then I could have bought a $30 flash to do that.:X
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:44 PM   #7

john,
the DS recognizes TTL flashes. the are many 3rd party flashes it can use..

roy
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:01 PM   #8

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
The K10D no support wireless flash with in-house flash, you need to 2 external Pentax flash for wireless flash. From Pentax Japanese website FAQ.
this is a copy of the release info. it says the k10 does have RTF flash
Attached Images

Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:13 PM   #9

I would not have thought there would be much higher authority than the manual that came with the camera, the one that says "wireless" "yes". To say 'yes' then on another page say 'but buy two flash units' is hardly going to enhance my enthusiasm for things Pentaxical.

Now it looks like I must resort to a cable if I want full P-TTL functionality without theflash being perched on top of the camera.:X
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:21 PM   #10

aaaah....but then it would not be a Pentax would it? Heee heee....I am thinking about a nice flash too...I am torn between the 360, the 540 and the Sigma...I am still digging...

F
John Hill wrote:
Quote:
Oh yes, it looks like I can use the AF360FGZ as a slave triggered by the onboard flash, but then I could have bought a $30 flash to do that.:X
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote