Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:28 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 344
Default

Further to this one I reported a few days ago:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...38&forum_id=80

I have just found that the "number of continous frames can be shot" displayed will never be correct for the jpeg, it just shows the number of RAW all the time afterall, i.e., 3.

Actually, this custom function is indeed close to useless already and now that they even display the wrong number!

I verify this bug against my *ist DS firmware version 2.0, and found that the same bug exists also.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 20, 2006, 3:27 PM   #2
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

and? You are such a moaner and i suggest you go do something more constructive with your life.....jeez what a mug
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:08 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 284
Default

he is rather complain-y isn't he?! as if some date stamp function or other affects his photographs. actually it must, cause it seems he's so fuming mad with everything about his pentax that he must be shaking when he's taking pictures! that benjamin xyz guy is hilarious too, at least it keeps us entertained. i think i did read a non-complaining post by ricehigh the other day though, so that was a nice change.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 4:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 284
Default

it was here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

no complaints!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 5:36 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wigan, UK
Posts: 568
Default

I don't thik he actually buys Pentax, if I was complaining so much I'd never buy it again. I think he just gets them from somebody who doesn't like him.:-)
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2006, 6:36 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 20
Default

There's nothing as useful as personal attacks to refute a technical issue.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
Ron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 344
Default

Ron C wrote:
Quote:
There's nothing as useful as personal attacks to refute a technical issue.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
Sometimes I feel the reaction of some Pentaxians who are 101% loyal to their brand is totally unexplainable. When there are bugs in the firmware of our cameras, any user *should* hope that the bugs will be got rid of by Pentax as soon as possible, logically and normally. However, this does not usually happen. So, do they love their cameras (actually the brand) so much that even they love the bugs a lot and don't want them to go away?

Instead, they want the user(s) who reported the bugs to go away! Amazing!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 8:35 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
BenjaminXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Sometimes I feel the reaction of some Pentaxians who are 101% loyal to their brand is totally unexplainable. When there are bugs in the firmware of our cameras, any user *should* hope that the bugs will be got rid of by Pentax as soon as possible, logically and normally. However, this does not usually happen. So, do they love their cameras (actually the brand) so much that even they love the bugs a lot and don't want them to go away?

Instead, they want the user(s) who reported the bugs to go away! Amazing!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
LOL! I couldn't stop laughing when I read this post of yours!! :lol:Nice one!
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 9:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
Further to this one I reported a few days ago:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80

I have just found that the "number of continous frames can be shot" displayed will never be correct for the jpeg, it just shows the number of RAW all the time afterall, i.e., 3.

Actually, this custom function is indeed close to useless already and now that they even display the wrong number!

I verify this bug against my *ist DS firmware version 2.0, and found that the same bug exists also.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
Ricehigh,

It is not that I don't want the "bug" to be fixed, but to me it is a function that I never use with my Pentax DSLR and to me is a fairly worthless function, so I don't care if it is fixed or not. If it were something with the normal everyday use of the camera that was not functioning properly, I would be upset about it, but it is not.

How about posting some photos once again instead of searching for things you don't like? It was kind of refreshing when you posted some photos you took before.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2006, 2:20 PM   #10
TC3
Senior Member
 
TC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,169
Default

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
Ron C wrote:
Quote:
There's nothing as useful as personal attacks to refute a technical issue.[img]/forums/images/emoticons/bash.gif[/img]
Sometimes I feel the reaction of some Pentaxians who are 101% loyal to their brand is totally unexplainable. When there are bugs in the firmware of our cameras, any user *should* hope that the bugs will be got rid of by Pentax as soon as possible, logically and normally. However, this does not usually happen. So, do they love their cameras (actually the brand) so much that even they love the bugs a lot and don't want them to go away?

Instead, they want the user(s) who reported the bugs to go away! Amazing!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
Yeah well the K100D is the first Pentax of any kind i have used. I am not brand loyal in any way but i have taken a complete dislike of you ricehigh as to the way you have spoken to others in the past when they questioned your testing and referred to your moaning.

Weather bugs get fixed or not....i dont care less as i have not been affected by the trival things you come up with.

So rather than go away why not just dissapear all together?
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:05 PM.