Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:16 AM   #1

I got a new lens today and discovered I need to get used to it. But I took this one (one of the first) and thought it came out pretty well. I was surprised at just how much longer a 300mm lens is than a 200 lens. And this one is SO sharp, it makes the manual focus focus easy. This was slightly cropped, and slightly sharpened. Topic isn't exactly beautiful, but I couldn't find any birds around. Pentax A* 300mm lens.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 22, 2006, 1:21 AM   #2

This was taken with the DA 50-200 lens, but I thought I might include it anyway. My hubby drove home tonight and left me to play with the camera. 300mm is too long to try to take pictures with while traveling in a car going 70mph, so I used the DA 50-200. This was before sunset, but shows what we've been driving by/through for the last 2 weeks. I'll be glad when it finally rains because the firefighters are having a really tough time trying to stop this one. The picture was taken from the I-5 freeway. I took a couple with the 300 lens, and did get some of the flames, but the quality isn't good (the fire isn't really close to the freeway right now).
Attached Images

Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:03 AM   #3

You will love the A* 300mm lens. It is very sharp and has good contrast, as all the A* lenses from Pentax do.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 2:21 AM   #4

love the mountain shot. you captured the lighting very well.
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 9:46 AM   #5

Congratulation re your obligatory LBA shots.
Likely yours was one of the two *300mm that changed hands two weeks ago in ebay.

Daniel

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I got a new lens today and discovered I need to get used to it. But I took this one (one of the first) and thought it came out pretty well. I was surprised at just how much longer a 300mm lens is than a 200 lens. And this one is SO sharp, it makes the manual focus focus easy. This was slightly cropped, and slightly sharpened. Topic isn't exactly beautiful, but I couldn't find any birds around. Pentax A* 300mm lens.
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 3:38 PM   #6

Daniel - my lens was bought from a wonderful, thoughtful person who contacted me privatelyafter I griped about losing both of the two on ebay that weekend. The deal went down without a hitch, he gave me a good price and I'm ecstatic about it. I couldn't ask for a better lens (perfect condition) or an easier transaction. My thanks goes out to that great guy (hope I didn'tembarrass you too much).
Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:20 PM   #7

Wow, that shot really shows how nice that lens is. You know, I got into this hobby with a strict (low) budget but it keeps inching up. Congratulations on the new lens, it is in good hands (ie: someone who will appreciate and use it).

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 9:32 PM   #8

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Daniel - my lens was bought from a wonderful, thoughtful person who contacted me privatelyafter I griped about losing both of the two on ebay that weekend. The deal went down without a hitch, he gave me a good price and I'm ecstatic about it. I couldn't ask for a better lens (perfect condition) or an easier transaction. My thanks goes out to that great guy (hope I didn'tembarrass you too much).

Tim said it all. The lens has found its rightful and capable owner. Like what you did, I griped about loosing a couple of times. Somehow one A*300mmF4 came with BIN option and I took that. Since then I never looked back. Pentax policy of not providing * or quality teleprime is a sore spot for all of us.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote