Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 23, 2006, 2:19 AM   #1

Hi-

I am brand new to dslr(and slr) photography and took the plunge and bought the K100D yesterday. I was playing around, and I noticed that whenever I have the ISO setting at Auto and use the EV compensation, the exposure is always taken at iso200. For example, if I take pic with auto ISO, F 3.5 and EV comp at 0.0, the shutter speed may be 1/15 and the camera picks iso800, but as soon as I turn the ev comp up to 0.3, the iso is decreased to 200 and the shutter speed goes to .3 seconds. Why is this?
cvitur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2006, 3:13 AM   #2

Welcome to Petaxians :-)
This has been discussed before and the results are fifty-fifty about this being a fault or not. Basically there is no idea of doing EV on auto ISO- You see the meter readings and MUST select the proper ISO IMHO.

Best and happy shooting, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:36 AM   #3

This is a long-time Pentax design trap which is very annoying as designed. All Pentax DSLRs are behaving in this stupid way!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

cvitur1 wrote:
Quote:
Hi-

I am brand new to dslr(and slr) photography and took the plunge and bought the K100D yesterday. I was playing around, and I noticed that whenever I have the ISO setting at Auto and use the EV compensation, the exposure is always taken at iso200. For example, if I take pic with auto ISO, F 3.5 and EV comp at 0.0, the shutter speed may be 1/15 and the camera picks iso800, but as soon as I turn the ev comp up to 0.3, the iso is decreased to 200 and the shutter speed goes to .3 seconds. Why is this?
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the info!
cvitur1 is offline   Reply With Quote