Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:52 PM   #11

robar wrote:
Quote:
i know the onboard flash will not work using thevivitar at 1:1. the lens gets in the way of the flash path.

roy
Thanks Roy, I wondered if that was the problem. A proper flashgun for the camera is on my list, I just have to get past this little LBA problem I have first.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:15 PM   #12

LBA???? what about FBA???? gawd, you people are alwaysaddicted tothe same old thing!! got 5..
what about FBA and ABA???
problem is this does not address wanting a faster computer, better printer, faster DVD-R.. etc, etc

and i thought getting rid of the sail boat would save some $$$.........

LOL,
roy LOL !!!!
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:28 PM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
LBA???? what about FBA???? gawd, you people are alwaysaddicted tothe same old thing!! got 5..
what about FBA and ABA???
problem is this does not address wanting a faster computer, better printer, faster DVD-R.. etc, etc

and i thought getting rid of the sail boat would save some $$$.........

LOL,
roy LOL !!!!
:lol: Well, as a computer gamer and all around geek the computer end was already handled here. It helps that all four of us have our own computers so I can trickle down upgrades as I upgrade my main rig. I think my problem is that I am a compulsive collector. Anytime someone mentions really liking a lens on this forum I have to look it up online and watch for it on ebay.

I did put a Dynatron tripod and a Lowepro 200 slingshot on my birthday list. I got an anniversary in November so maybe I can score a flashgun then. Of course for Christmas I will need a K10. Maybe then my wife will have a chance to use her camera again . . .:-)

Tim
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:46 AM   #14

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Anytime someone mentions really liking a lens on this forum I have to look it up online and watch for it on ebay.
I simply love all the A*, F* and FA* lenses, especially the long teles such as A* 400 mm f2.8 and FA* 600 mm f4, and the Limited series! (Your wife will kill me for this:lol

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 11:16 AM   #15

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Anytime someone mentions really liking a lens on this forum I have to look it up online and watch for it on ebay.
I simply love all the A*, F* and FA* lenses, especially the long teles such as A* 400 mm f2.8 and FA* 600 mm f4, and the Limited series! (Your wife will kill me for this:lol

Kjell
shame on you kjell. now he will have to sell his last born child.

roy
Old Sep 24, 2006, 12:13 PM   #16

"shame on you kjell. now he will have to sell his last born child."

Robar, Why the "last born"? Is that because he's already sold 1, 2 and 3?:-)
Maw Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 1:17 PM   #17

Well early on I tried to convince my wife that we needed to trade the children in on hamsters. I argued that there would be a significant savings in college expenses and it would mean grandchildren that much faster. She did not go for it and, now that my daughter just hit her teen years, the trade in value is much too low :G.

Nice try Kjell, but I am already looking at all of the * lenses :blah:. "Looking" is the key word though. I think my only hope for the immediate future will be finding one as an unrecognized diamond at a pawnshop/thrift store/ or yard sale. Right now my "rule" is that I will not even consider a lens that cost more than the camera itself. However, the more I use the really nice lenses like the F50 1.7 the more I see the advantages of good glass.

Tim
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:03 PM   #18

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
However, the more I use the really nice lenses like the F50 1.7 the more I see the advantages of good glass.
Thanks to lucky circumstances and an understanding wife I happen to own three A* lenses. This have made me consider the camera body as an accessory to the lenses. Bodies come and go, break and go out of date, but the lenses last, hopefully forever. (A little prayer to Pentax corp. not to change the backwards compatibility might be in place)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:58 PM   #19

Maw Harley wrote:
Quote:
"shame on you kjell. now he will have to sell his last born child."

Robar, Why the "last born"? Is that because he's already sold 1, 2 and 3?:-)
MH trade in on the older ones is real low. youth gets the big money.

roy