Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:28 PM   #21

SelrahCharleS schreef:
Quote:
Sometimes the lens will not focus to infinity straight from the factory, but it is easily adjusted, and once set up correctly is very sharp.

How do you mean this? Is it that I have to choose another depth than infinity or someting else?

Thanks,

Richard.

Ritro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 6:38 PM   #22

Curious about that myself.. I plan on ordering one in the next couple days and it's a little difficult I'd imagine to exchange one through customs. Any US sellers of the lens?? Just in case?
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:55 PM   #23

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
Curious about that myself.. I plan on ordering one in the next couple days and it's a little difficult I'd imagine to exchange one through customs. Any US sellers of the lens?? Just in case?
re. U S retailer. Nope.
I went through that and so were quite a few other forum members as well. Order through ebay and you have the refund protection through paypal.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19550787
See my question to all and its response

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 6:58 AM   #24

Ritro wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Daniel,

<snip>... Someone some tips on how to use it with the Sigma flash ?

Richard.
The Sigma flash has a wide angle diffuser that pulls out and sets the flash to 17mm. I don't know what else you would need to do beyond that.
Rufus T Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:07 AM   #25

Rufus T Firefly schreef:
Quote:
The Sigma flash has a wide angle diffuser that pulls out and sets the flash to 17mm. I don't know what else you would need to do beyond that.

Sometimes the solution is closer by than I think :angry:

Thanks RTF,

Richard.

Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:11 AM   #26

Really not a big deal. I hardly use flash for my Zenitar. When there is a real need, I can still proceed and crop out the darkened portion (like a donut). That is all. As a last resort, you can buy those available Sigma flash diffuser for wider angle use .

Daniel

Rufus T Firefly wrote:
Quote:
Old Oct 14, 2006, 10:21 AM   #27

Ritro schreef:
Quote:
Happy as a little kid, it came today. It's already getting dark so I have to wait for tomorrow.... Took a door, not sharp, I put the lens on right out of the box and did not look fot focus or anything I just wanted to take a picture .

Richard.

I'm gonna write to myself here: (Shame mode on)

:angry:I did not put the camera on manual mode, but program, and I did not push the ae-l. So that's quit stupid, and it's amazing that anything came out so far. It's getting dark now, but what i have tried so far seems a lot sharper (With manual mode and pushing the ae-l.) (/Shame mode on)

b.t.w. Ira, I did.
Old Oct 14, 2006, 2:31 PM   #28

SelrahCharleS schreef:
Quote:
Its an excellent lens for the price. Its my second most used lens next to my Pentax M 50mm f/1.4. Sometimes the lens will not focus to infinity straight from the factory, but it is easily adjusted, and once set up correctly is very sharp. Software like PTLens will correct the distortion you get, although many times that is not an issue. I think it is absolutely worth buying.

Found an article about this and a remedy (?)

http://etischer.com/zenitar/zenitar16mm.html

Richard.

Old Oct 14, 2006, 5:29 PM   #29

Richard,

Following the advice of two other members of the forum (Frank and Ron), I have put in a 67mm bland filter ring as an adapter to the Zenitar (on the outside). I like to use a piece of protective glass on top of the lens - I know it is less desirable from an optics point of view.

Anyway things work out a lot better. Even the cap is better than the original.

Daniel

Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:27 AM   #30

If this was already posted i missed it, but excellent thread on the Zenitar. Explains how to fix the infinity focus problem and answers just about every other question you could have too... along with a pile of samples.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17658788
SelrahCharleS is offline   Reply With Quote