Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:03 PM   #1

The city is putting in new sewer, water, gas, curb and gutter and repaving (to the tune of a $9,000 assessment for my house). Here's the view I have now...
Attached Images

Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:04 PM   #2

The other direction...
Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2006, 6:05 PM   #3

At least there are things like this to look at (next door neighbor)
Attached Images

Old Sep 23, 2006, 9:58 PM   #4

Sorry to hear about your tax reassesmentRick! Any chance that they are going to have all of these improvements done before the snow falls or have they gone to the same urban management school that my town officials have gone to?? On the lighter side of things, it does look like you live in a nice neighborhood!

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5

:lol::lol: in some parts of Australia, thats a FINISHED road.....:O :blah::blah:

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2006, 10:35 PM   #6

They claim they will have one layer of asphalt down by Novemeber--we'll see how the weather holds. Right now, I have to drive down an easement and park my cars in the back yard--that won't work when we've got two feet of snow on the ground.

That may be a finished road in some places in Australia, but I bet the residents don't drive Dodge Neons, either (why do my sons have 4WD trrucks and jeeps when they live on nicely paved streets?)
Old Sep 23, 2006, 11:35 PM   #7

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
That may be a finished road in some places in Australia, but I bet the residents don't drive Dodge Neons, either (why do my sons have 4WD trrucks and jeeps when they live on nicely paved streets?)
LOL! My hubby's comment about your sons is that maybe they are younger and smarter? So says someone who couldn't figure out why in the world I might want a Jeep Wrangler, until we went off-roading the first time. Then he grudgingly said that perhaps they have their uses.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 4:05 AM   #8

Thanks for posting, Rickst! I think the theme, everyday life and surroundings, is often overlooked and forgotten. Better then to pay the taxes and forget about them:-))

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2006, 10:11 AM   #9

I have owned 4WD vehicles in the past, but I'm trying to save a bit more fuel (I commute 36 miles each day). I used to drive in almost any weather, but it just isn't that important to get "somewhere" anymore...
Old Sep 24, 2006, 3:06 PM   #10

I have the best of both worlds - I have the Wrangler for bad weather days and a Honda Fit for most of the time. My commute is 150 miles per day, when the I-5 is open. Otherwise it can be another 50 miles or more longer.

I love looking at other people's photos of their surroundings - its a nice way of seeing the world outside my little corner. Thanks for posting them!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote