Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 27, 2006, 5:03 PM   #11

Hey guys, as a farm boy, I'm aware of the old saying but that doesn't mean that I can't find beauty in a rising sun & despite incoming inclement weather, the sun is still rising. Old saying from an old farmer(ie my Dad)..."Woke up this morning & I was still breathing...It's a good day!":-):-):-)

Ron
wadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 6:50 PM   #12

Love the picture! We could sure use somesnow (or rain, though that would bring itsown problems)right about now- I'm begining to wonder when I'llbe able to gohome again (hoping for the weekend but no one is saying anything about a timeframe for anything).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 7:40 PM   #13

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
I'm begining to wonder when I'llbe able to gohome again (hoping for the weekend but no one is saying anything about a timeframe for anything).
What do you mean? Where are you?
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:36 AM   #14

I live in one of the Frazier Mountain communities north of Los Angeles. For several weeks there's been a brush fire burning between home and work. Tuesday it crossed over a fire break and a couple of roads, entering a valley not far from us. They've evacuated most of the mountain communities as a precaution - they have no idea where the fire is going to break out next, much of the terrain is steep mountains, the weather isn't cooperating and there are few roads in the area, making it difficult to fight it. So anyone who is getting rain or snow, can you please send some our way? Preferably without lightning, please!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:40 AM   #15

Wow....I'm sorry to hear that. Is your home in danger?
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote