Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:49 AM   #1

With so many other good ones coming out...Nikon d80 (available), Nikon d200(available), The samsung gx10 (soon??), and maybe other, I'm really becoming impatient with pentax

And the december release is for Japan it seems

We have to wait even 1 more month

Chesslanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2006, 9:07 AM   #2

These are consumer electronics the price of which always drops and the capability goes up consistently.
By the time it is out of the market with rave review, it is probably Dec or even Jan. Well the talk will be 645D which was announced two weeks ago.
BTW a D was sold off at ebay around $400 with batt grip I think yesterday.
Camera body goes down in price . But prime lenses always go up.
If you can wait then wait. If you cannot, get K100D which is a different category from K10D. I did that.

Daniel

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:
With so many other good ones coming out...Nikon d80 (available), Nikon d200(available), The samsung gx10 (soon??), and maybe other, I'm really becoming impatient with pentax

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 12:22 PM   #3

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:
If you can't wait, then get one of the Nikons, but having used the D200, I will wait instead of getting that camera, and the D80 is an unknown since it is so new.

The release date is what it is, and there is nothing you can do to speed it up. I am sure Pentax will get them out as soon as they can.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 1:10 PM   #4

Just out of curiosity, Where did you obtain this information?
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 7:08 PM   #5

The release date for the K10D is late October or early November. Adorama is already taking orders.

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:

danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2006, 8:14 PM   #6

danag42 wrote:
Quote:
The release date for the K10D is late October or early November. Adorama is already taking orders.

Hmm...I spoke with a very good asian dealer, and was his views...The samsung might even take longer......
Old Sep 29, 2006, 12:58 AM   #7

Japan, you say? I was just in a Camera store in Joetsu, Japan, and they said that they:d have the K10 in 2-3 weeks. It seems that one of us has been misinformed.

- Bpp
Ballpointpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 8:28 PM   #8

Ballpointpenner wrote:
Quote:
Japan, you say? I was just in a Camera store in Joetsu, Japan, and they said that they:d have the K10 in 2-3 weeks. It seems that one of us has been misinformed.

- Bpp

I hope its me then ...cant wait to get my hands on this
Old Sep 30, 2006, 2:30 AM   #9

The K10D shown at Photokina is still a pre-production unit with firmware version numbered 0.2. It does not save images plus the visitors found that it does not meet the stated specifications of the announced K10D, say, the frame rate is only at about 2.4 and etc.

I think actualy the K10D is not quite ready to be put on the market yet. But just that Pentax want to keep their old customers as well as to prevent others who interested in D80 etc. to consider Pentax, so they have made early announcement.

If you need to wait till January next year and still need to pay for a relatively higher price at the beginning of market sales, I suggest that you should either get a K100D now or simply buy into another brand, if the K100D is not the body that you want.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 2:35 AM   #10

The K10D shown at Photokina is still a pre-production unit with firmware version numbered 0.2. It does not save images plus the visitors found that it does not meet the stated specifications of the announced K10D, say, the frame rate is only at about 2.4 and etc.

I think actualy the K10D is not quite ready to be put on the market yet. But just that Pentax want to keep their old customers as well as to prevent others who interested in D80 etc. to consider Pentax, so they have made early announcement.

If you need to wait till January next year and still need to pay for a relatively higher price at the beginning of market sales, I suggest that you should either get a K100D now or simply buy into another brand, if the K100D is not the body that you want.

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:

RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote