Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:08 AM   #11

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
Again I am truly impressed with your photography skills. These macro shots are incredibly sharp and well framed. I tried to google search for your vivitar 100mm 2.8 lens and could not find it. Is it a discontinued model? Thanks for sharing your pics with us. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks! The lens I use is an older discontinued Model. I have compared it to the Series1 105mm f 2.5 and it seems almost identical. Hereis what it looks like:

HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:12 AM   #12

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
these are great. very sharp and full of detail
are they cropped in any way? or just resized? oh.. and what's the distance between subject and lens with this magnification?

greg

Thanks! All are cropped and re-sized. Some have a little USM applied and are adjusted for brightness and contrast. I was between 5" and 10 " away in most shots.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 1:16 AM   #13

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
Man, those are really great. How did you manage to get the grasshopper to stay still so close to it? Thanks for sharing them.

Tim
I move very slowly when doing these type of shots. The Mantis wasa lot of fun to work with. Totally cooperative. I touched it with my hand and it didn't even run away or act aggressively.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 3:34 AM   #14

I can't wait to get out of the city and into the bush to find some of these little critters. I received confirmation that I can take my camera gear when I go overseas and am expected to get some shots if I want.

Any good ones can go to the media section, which they can and apparently do use for advertising. I suppose it is one way to get printed somewhere :blah:

Amazing shots, definately like peekaboo as the best.
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 4:29 PM   #15

hey

your shots are amazing! beacuse of these pics, i'm gonna finally try my hand at macros by using a reversing ring on some lenses

then i'm gonna come back and boo you because i doubt they'll be anything close to what you display here. then i'll sell all my photo gear and never take another picture ; all because of you

kidding :G

really nice shots
ardigitalman is offline   Reply With Quote