Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 7, 2006, 8:57 PM   #11

that lenses @ ISO800 + silkypix 2.x (RAW -> TIFF) + Abobe Photoshop CS2 (TIFF -> JPG + reduced 50% bicubic sharper).

Attached Images

deejjjaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2006, 11:49 PM   #12

Is that the 80-200 Pentax Deejjjaaaa or the 28-80 Sigma (I thought I could tell from the Exif but the lens was at 80mm ). Whichever, it looks like avery sharp pic, tons of detail in the subject's face and you can even see some of the texture of the shirt. The bokeh is kind of, um, different. Looks like a pattern of hexagons.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2006, 9:54 AM   #13

yes, it was taken using Pentax FA : 4.7-5.6 / 80-200

.PEF has the name (lenses) stored properly, but it seems that SilkyPix has some issues and can't preserve it during RAW conversion...

it was not very sharp in my opinion - that is why I did 50% size (dimensions) reduction in Adobe Photoshop after .TIFF was generated by SilkyPix (I prefer to do this in Adobe - not in SilkyPix).

and also - it was taken @ ISO800 - that did not add to the quality, you can clearly see a good deal of noise...

I got my lenses used (may be even refurbished), it seems they survived some drops - at least there are some bents in front... not sure if alleged drops affected something in regards to how they work now.

deejjjaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote