Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:22 PM   #1

Thanks to everyone for their input regarding which camera to buy. Against the advise of nearly everyone, I went with this one and bought locally in case I just hated it. I don't think this is going to be the case. First shots from last night in the camera's automatic "scene" mode. Kit lens. I may not be the greatest photog, but I was very very happy with these.

http://www.pbase.com/manyara/roses&page=all
Capella is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:41 PM   #2

Very nice shots.

Kit lens proves its worth again.

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:44 PM   #3

looks like you took to it like a fish to water.

roy
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:48 PM   #4

These are very nice! Looks like you won't have any trouble getting outstanding results with the camera at all! Have fun playing with it and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have problems with something.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:21 PM   #5

Hey, thanks everyone! I'm such a bum. I love this auto scene thing (probably Pentax does it too) It *knows* when you've moved in tight for a macro. How cool is that

Thanks for the offers of help. At some point I'll want another lens, but it's way to close to Christmas to consider that now. I'm just tickled at how well the low light, inside stuff is turning out.

Debbie
Capella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:51 PM   #6

Last night I was playing with my K100D in some really odd inside lighting and found the custom white balance works really well. I didn't have a grey card or a white piece of paper, but used two objects that were white for it to use, and that seemed to work fine. If you get frustrated with the color balance anywhere, remember to try that.

Just remember -the cameradoes NOT automatically go back to auto WB when you turn it off. At lunch I was outside taking a picture of a leaf, and had it come out with the most bizarre colors!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote