Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:52 PM   #1

This what happens when LBA get out of control. Anybody else have that problem? I just gathered my Macro lenses for a group shot. At least I'm not collecting fast telephoto lenses - now that would really get expensive. :blah:

From left to right:
  • Vivitar 105mm Macro f2.5 Series1 [/*]
  • Lester A. Dine 105mm f2.8 Macro [/*]
  • Vivitar 100mm f2.8 Macro [/*]
  • Vivitar 135mm f 2.8 Macro (1:2) [/*]
  • Vivitar 55mm f 2.8 Macro M42 [/*]
  • Sears 55mm f 2.8 Macro M42 [/*]
  • Vivitar 55mm f 2.8 Macro [/*]
  • Sigma 50mm f 2.8 Macro [/*]
Since people always asking about the 100mm/105mm Vivitar lens - here a more detailed pic of the 3 lenses that are made by Kiron/Kino Precision.They are my favorites. BTW - I am missing the Kiron 105mm f2.8 in my little collection. Anybody have one they don't need anymore? :-)

HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:16 PM   #2

nice collection but how come they all look brand new? did you use some kind of polishing cloth?w hich one do you think is best in terms of sharpness and ease of use?

greg

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:17 PM   #3

Now I know who to ask when I want to know about some of these aftermarket macro lenses...:lol:
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 6:21 PM   #4

That IS quite a collection. Which is the third lens made by Kiron, I can't tell for sure from the picture? I also have the Lester Dine and like it quite a bit and I have a Kiron 70-210 zoom lock coming for my birthday.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:29 PM   #5

will,
i know a good therapist in PHX if you need one.. this is curable even tho you think it's not.. take some Valium and have a beer. this will help you only short time tho.

:shock:roy
Old Sep 29, 2006, 7:51 PM   #6

Your missing one :G

Vivitar Series 1 90-180 ff Macro Zoom (Kino Precision)......... sorry, don't get to brag about lenses much (I'm cheap)

History::::::

http://www.cameraquest.com/viv90180.htm

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:15 PM   #7

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
nice collection but how come they all look brand new? did you use some kind of polishing cloth?w hich one do you think is best in terms of sharpness and ease of use?

greg

No polishing cloth - they have a finish like that from the factory. Most of them do not get used. The 3 "A" lenses are identical in sharpness andease of use.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:19 PM   #8

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:
That IS quite a collection. Which is the third lens made by Kiron, I can't tell for sure from the picture? I also have the Lester Dine and like it quite a bit and I have a Kiron 70-210 zoom lock coming for my birthday.

Tim

There were 5 105/100mm Macro lenses made by Kiron ( as far as i know ). The Vivitar Series 1 105mm 2.5, The Lester Dine 105mm 2.8 The Vivitar 100mm 2.8 (3rd from the left), The Rikenon 105mm2.8 and of course the Kiron 105 2.8

I think the only differences are the designs on the barrel and some do have a hood and some don't.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:21 PM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
will,
i know a good therapist in PHX if you need one.. this is curable even tho you think it's not.. take some Valium and have a beer. this will help you only short time tho.

:shock:roy

I know I need help :blah:

Ever since I quit smoking and drinking i spend my money on lenses and other camera stuff. Haven't tried Valium yet.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:23 PM   #10

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
Your missing one :G

Vivitar Series 1 90-180 ff Macro Zoom (Kino Precision)......... sorry, don't get to brag about lenses much (I'm cheap)

History::::::

http://www.cameraquest.com/viv90180.htm

Ok - now I know who outbid me on that lens on Ebay - hehe.

BTW - did you notice any artifacts or reflections under certain lighting conditions ( flash or back lit scenes) and smaller aperture with this lens?