Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:28 AM   #1

Hiya, no pics to post at the moment, just thought I would stop by and let you all know I am still alive and kicking! lol!

The past three weeks have kept me incredibly busy with darling Bertie, he's a little star and growing fast.

He's allowed to go for his first walk on Monday so hopefully I will get more opportunity to take some pics, well, weather permitting anyway, it's mostly wet and cloudy here now, usually stays like that for ages so will have to see.

I love my little Bertie so much, he now comes to bed with me at night, one night he wouldn't settle in the crate so I caved and let him in my bed and it's been that way ever since. He makes a lovely hot water bottle for me, hehehe. He also settles much better and sleeps right through til I get up in the morning, unlike before where he would wake me at around 3am every night.

Bad habit I know letting him in bed with me but I' m on my own and I find it relaxes me having a pup sleeping next to me and therefore helps me sleep.

Have been looking at everyones pics but not commenting, not got much spare time at the moment, hehehe.

Will be back with you all properly soon I hope! lol!

Bye for now.

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:56 AM   #2

Hi, Alison! Glad to hear that you've just been busy - I was thinking of you recently.

My hubby thought having our little puppy on the bed was so much fun, so he used to carefully lift him up when he was small, then put him in his crate when we turned off the light. Later we took the door off the crate and let him have the run of the house. It didn't take him long to figure out that the bed was the proper place to spend the night, and he'd jump up and sleep at my feet every night, something I found comforting. My hubby had his doubts - a queen sized bed isn't quite big enough for two people and a Golden Retriever. That dog was capable ofstretching out andtaking up the whole width of the bed all by himself! I still miss him terribly.

Looking forward to some more of your pictures!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 12:09 PM   #3

Hi Alison, good to hear from you!

When we got our Cookie we agreed that the bed was no-go area for her. We didn't want to have the hair and the gravel she'd leave there when she got older. We were very firm with this decision... the entire first week... Now she spends the night in her favourite armchair, but comes up in the bed to say good night and good morning, stays for half an hour or so. And of course, if she's been out in the rain and mud she just have to have a 30 sec nap in bed first thing when she comes in. We smile and do the laundry...

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 5:50 PM   #4

Isn't it great how strict we are (not) with our animals! rofl!

Bertie gets right under the covers with me or sometimes sleeps above my head on the pillow, was ok when he was small, now he's starting to grow, there's not much room left for my head! lolol!

Alison
alibunnylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:12 PM   #5

alibunnylady wrote:
Quote:
Isn't it great how strict we are (not) with our animals! rofl!

Bertie gets right under the covers with me or sometimes sleeps above my head on the pillow, was ok when he was small, now he's starting to grow, there's not much room left for my head! lolol!

Alison
Most of us city people think that way.
I just know a local gardem has set up a no-leash area and they can mingle freely.

Daniel
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:13 PM   #6

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote