Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 1, 2006, 2:55 PM   #1

Make that, REALLY old barn.

Attached Images

gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2006, 12:12 PM   #2

I think that's probably a house not a barn.

Would really liked to have seen the surrounding area - as this is too close. Any reason why you changed it to monochrome?

nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 1:58 PM   #3

I really like this sort of picture but may I suggest you not crop it quite so close, a little context helps.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:07 PM   #4

It's definitely a barn. The back has the old earthen ramp going up to the loft area with the old sliding doors. I would have liked tozoom outa little, but there is too much "new stuff" around it. It kind of spoils the feel of the shot to see the new power transformers on one side, and the farmers 2007 Chevy truck on the other side. Believe it or not, he actually parks new tractors in there! I changed it to B&W because I thought looked better. I'm very new to this and I was just playing around. I've always liked that old barn.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:13 PM   #5

Too bad about the background. This is the perfect subject for black and white, keep it up.
Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 2:19 PM   #6

Thanks. I'm really enjoying my new camera. I find myself looking all over the place as I drive anywhere now. Every interesting cloud, every old building, every bug is a potential subject. My poor dog is getting really tired of me taking his picture.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:07 PM   #7

Go for it - the dog will make you a million someday. In it for 'him' a gold-plated dish or perhaps no more dog food.
nlp239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 7:57 PM   #8

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
Thanks. I'm really enjoying my new camera. I find myself looking all over the place as I drive anywhere now. Every interesting cloud, every old building, every bug is a potential subject. My poor dog is getting really tired of me taking his picture.
Me, too. I'm constantly looking around as I drive. I've been taking it (K100D) with me everywhere. Just wish I didn't have to work during the day before the sun goes down on me.

I love the old barn. There was one on the way to work last week I was going to photograph on the way home (was running late for work). But, it had been demolished during the day. They were clearing the lot (why I'd never seen it before for the other building there) to make room for a new pharmacy. Like we need another one of those. There's a farily new one kitty corner to where this one will be.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:39 PM   #9

Actuially, I quite like the way the barn is framed. A barn is a utilitarian building so a no distractions sort of format is fine with me. I have tried a few barns myself and I've never been happy but having seen this I am thinking of cropping a few or retaking closer in.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 9:49 PM   #10

There seems to be more detail that does not show without using PShop.
Attached Images

beebee is offline   Reply With Quote