Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:03 PM   #21

My "dream" is to retire on 100 acres near some small town in Tennessee or Kentucky. I went to a training school in a small town in Tenn two years ago and the first night I called home and told my wife to put the house on the market. Beautiful countryside, wonderful weather, and some of the friendliest people you could meet. Then I found out how low wages were for my line of work. Luckily, my wife has agreed to consider moving that far north. When I mention Wyoming she says "I will miss you dear."

Tim

10-20 years before I retire anyhow.
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 9:05 PM   #22

I've only been to Wyoming once. In September a couple of years ago. The day we were leaving there was a snowstorm. And, this was only Laramie. Two days before, my brother-in-law took us up on the Snowy Range and we couldn't get out of the car for the bitter cold and snow.

Most people in New England (where I live) live here in the summer and head for Florida for the winter. We've lived here about 18 years now. I was born and raised near mtngal (southern California). Never owned a coat until we moved out east. Now come March I'm waiting for spring. Three years ago we didn't see the grass from Christmas day until mid April. Wouldn't be so bad if you could stay indoors, but work calls.

My place to retire would be San Diego, CA. Lovely spot, mild weather all year and close to my family that is still in CA.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:27 PM   #23

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
I've only been to Wyoming once. In September a couple of years ago. The day we were leaving there was a snowstorm. And, this was only Laramie. Two days before, my brother-in-law took us up on the Snowy Range and we couldn't get out of the car for the bitter cold and snow.

Most people in New England (where I live) live here in the summer and head for Florida for the winter. We've lived here about 18 years now. I was born and raised near mtngal (southern California). Never owned a coat until we moved out east. Now come March I'm waiting for spring. Three years ago we didn't see the grass from Christmas day until mid April. Wouldn't be so bad if you could stay indoors, but work calls.

My place to retire would be San Diego, CA. Lovely spot, mild weather all year and close to my family that is still in CA.
I lived in the Mt Washington valley until I was 12, then my family moved to FL. FL is great for six months of the year. Given an adequete supply of food, fuel, and books (plus broadband internet) I would love to be snowed in all winter. This is probably a "grass is always greener" thing. I am tired of flat, hot, and crowded but there are plenty of people sick of cold rural mountains. I would probably feel the same if I had to dig my car out everytime I had to leave for work.
Still in the 90's here,
Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote