Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 4, 2006, 6:54 AM   #11

interested_observer wrote:
Quote:
I ordered the same lense, 50-200 from them - Adorama, took the free 8-10 day shipping and it took the full 10 days to arrive (that was yesterday). I ordered my K100D camera kit from Beach - the same day and it arrived in 3 days (free shipping, standard).
Beach/Buydig always ship the same day FedEx even when you select free shipping, I'm in the Northeast and I always have my cameras from them in 1 to 2days (twice delivered on a Saturday) even when ordering as late as 4:30 in the afternoon.
JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:27 AM   #12

Yes, my husband tells me that I didn't need to have sent 2nd day air. Oh, well.I'll know for next time.

I ordered about 6:30 p.m. EST, so it won't ship until today. I don't remember seeing a free shipping option. But, then I am getting too anxious to wait anyway.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:03 AM   #13

Usually the thing that can mess you up is how fast a retailer processes the order. You could request (and pay for) Fed-EXPriority Over-Night delivery, but the store might take 3 days to actually ship it. The cool thing about Beach Camera/Buydig is that they usually process the order and get it out the door within one day. Many times it's the very same day you place the order. From there, it all depends on the carrier and the method you chose. For those of us in the North East, we usually get it the next day because even with the free Fed-Ex Ground service it only takes one day.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:13 AM   #14

robar wrote:
Quote:
anyone buying direct should ck the seller here
http://www.resellerratings.com/

there are sellers (Tristate comes to mind) that have rotten reviews from the above site that also sell on ebay and they have wonderful feed back. buying from them on ebay is the only way i'd buy from them as they have to watch out for the instant backlash of negative feedback.

roy

While I agree that Ebay sellers have to watch out for negative feedback, it's a tricky situation for some of us. I ordered a cable switch for my DL about seven weeks ago from a vendor that sells on Ebay, I still haven't recieved it. I emailed them numerous times with no response. I ordered one from another seller two weeks ago and it came in three days so I DO have one.However, since Im relatively new to Ebay, and have made only a couple purchases, should I choose to give negative feedback to the merchant that hasn't followed through and sent me myitem they in turn could give ME a negative ratingas a buyermaking it difficult to purchase in the future. Now if I had lots of buys with good feedback, one negative would be no problem, but since I only have a few positive feedbacks from the meger purchases I've made, one negative buyer mark on my record would not be good.

They finally DID email me and say it's lost in the mail and would resend, although that was a week ago and I STILL don't have it.
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:19 AM   #15

Next time you can try Tri-State Camera-I bought my DS from them on Ebay-paid for regular UPS and got it within 2 days. (I live in NH also). I bought the 50-200 from them later-you will really like this lens-really sharp-lightweight.
DMJJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:22 AM   #16

Spiritbro77 wrote:
Quote:
While I agree that Ebay sellers have to watch out for negative feedback, it's a tricky situation for some of us. I ordered a cable switch for my DL about seven weeks ago from a vendor that sells on Ebay, I still haven't received it. I emailed them numerous times with no response. I ordered one from another seller two weeks ago and it came in three days so I DO have one.However, since Im relatively new to Ebay, and have made only a couple purchases, should I choose to give negative feedback to the merchant that hasn't followed through and sent me myitem they in turn could give ME a negative ratingas a buyermaking it difficult to purchase in the future. Now if I had lots of buys with good feedback, one negative would be no problem, but since I only have a few positive feedbacks from the meger purchases I've made, one negative buyer mark on my record would not be good.

They finally DID email me and say it's lost in the mail and would resend, although that was a week ago and I STILL don't have it.
That is one thing that really bugs me about eBay. There have been a few times when I would have loved to leave bad feedback for a seller, but I also was worried about them retaliating and hurting my record. The thing that really bugs me is that, as a "Buyer", your ONLY obligation is to complete the payment. Most people pay instantly with Pay-Pal so they should be getting their positive feedback well before they even receive the item from the "Seller". Most sellers wait to see how you rate them first, and that should not be allowed...IMO.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 8:47 PM   #17

I'm hoping this is nothing, but I ordered my lens last night at 6 p.m. EST and it is now 8:45 p.m. EST and when I check my order status it just states "packed". Nothing about having been shipped.

Ihope I get this on Friday. I want to use it Saturday at the fair. And, definitely don't want to wait until I go back to work on Tuesday since that's where I had it shipped.

Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and double check.

Old Oct 4, 2006, 9:04 PM   #18

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
I'm hoping this is nothing, but I ordered my lens last night at 6 p.m. EST and it is now 8:45 p.m. EST and when I check my order status it just states "packed". Nothing about having been shipped.

Ihope I get this on Friday. I want to use it Saturday at the fair. And, definitely don't want to wait until I go back to work on Tuesday since that's where I had it shipped.

Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and double check.

If you don't have a shipment confirmation by tomorrow morning Iwould definitely call thembecause I see on their website that they're closing on Fridayand won't reopen until the 16th. I'm not familiar with how quickly Adorama gets their orders out the door.
JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 7:12 AM   #19

I did receive an e-mail during the night that my order had been processed. There is a tracking link in it and it shows it will be delivered tomorrow. Was scanned into NJ at 7:30 p.m. last night. (You'd think it could get to NH by today. But, I'll be patient.)

So, looks like I should be okay.

Yikes! I'm glad I ordered when I did if they don't open again until the 16th. I don't think I could have waited that long.

Leaving for work early to see if I can get some good early morning fog shots. Keep leaving too late to have time to stop on the way.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:54 PM   #20

Enjoy!You bought the lens. In a few weeks, you'll just be annoyed that you didn't buy it earlier.

I've dealt with 17th St Photo for some off-the-wall stuff. They were always courteous and quick. The one time that they made a mistake, they apologized and rectified it immediately.

Perhaps I'm the only Abe's of Maine customer who had no problems. I bought a new SuperProgram from them over twenty years ago. I bought over the phone and got exactly what I ordered when I expectred it. There wasn't even any upsell. Again, that was in the 1980s - long before the prevalence of e-tail.

Larry in Dallas
Heathglen is offline   Reply With Quote