Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 3, 2006, 4:18 PM   #1

Anyone aware of such a beast? I am talking about the kind that flips down/up, and also acts as a sun shade. I have seen them for Fuji P&S models but not Pentax SLRs.

Tried the Palm Pilot plastic thingies cut to size, but really need something to keep the nose oils off the screen. Don't mean to be gross here, but you "left eyers" know what I am talking about!
HELP, please!

Dan
PentaxDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2006, 4:28 PM   #2
TC3

My screen has nothing to protest about:-)
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 8:47 PM   #3

I think this is what you're referring to but I'm thinking it might actually interfere with trying to look through the viewfinder because it sticks out from the camera about a 1/4" (I have the 2" for my p&s and I just quickly put it up agains my K100).

http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/222045353.htm

And I'm a left eyer myself so I know what you're talking about!! :-)

JeanneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:17 PM   #4

Can't say that there is anything yet out there like the one made for the DS by Delkin.

Not a left-eyer since I can't see out of it.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:17 PM   #5

I had asked one time at Ritz when shopping for the camera. Was told no one carried one for it. And, there was no place to "hook" it on to. The screen is flat to the camera, unlike the N or C that had a raised portion around it. One of the things I hesitated buying this one for. But, so far no problems with the screen falling out. Must be glued in pretty well.

I just use the Palm Pilot screen savers, as you said. Wipe off whenever it gets greasy. Hasn't been a problem yet. It's sort of become habit like wiping the screen of my cell phone.

If you find one, I'd be interested in hearing about it. It would be nice to be able to view the screen in bright sunlight easier.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 10:19 PM   #6

Sent an email to Delkin, will post reply if one comes!

Dan
Old Oct 4, 2006, 10:11 AM   #7

While shopping for a camera I saw this clear plastic - fairly substantial plastic guard on either a Canon or Nikon - I forget which one, which did make a lot of sense. I keep getting a really great nose print on my screen. A clear plastic guard similiat to the N or C would be a really nice addition here.
interested_observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 12:16 PM   #8

As Promised, anybody use the 2 1/2" universal shade hereferences?]

We are currently reviewing this model. I will pass your request on for consideration in the model decisions. Please feel free to check http://www.delkin.com for updates. We do have universal shades that fit specific dimensions if you would be interested in that then also go to our website and based on the dimensions of the screen on that camera see if we have one to fit. If you need any more help then please let me know.