Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:11 PM   #11

not a problem a200user, we're all in the same boat
waynespixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:19 PM   #12

Based on your lensshopping list vs. mine, I suspect you have a nicer boat. My wife thinks my P&S toys are alreadytoo expensive. :lol:
a200user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2006, 7:20 PM   #13

a200user wrote:
Quote:
Based on your lensshopping list vs. mine, I suspect you have a nicer boat. My wife thinks my P&S toys are alreadytoo expensive. :lol:
LOL....I'm chicken, didn't tell her yet, but I guess her Xmas will be better than usual ;-)
waynespixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 12:40 AM   #14

Hi Everyone. I'd just like to pass on my experiences with the 24-135 Sigma lens. The first one I bought (Cameta Cameras - eBay) was one of the lemons . It had the menu screen blanking issues on both my DS and DL bodies so I returned it.

The second (yes, I really wanted this zoom range) was a good one on both my digital bodies and also on my pair of P30s. But ...My SF1 (SFX) really does not like this lens. The autofocus drive won't operate at all (in either single or servo mode), and the metering will only function for the largest aperture setting at any given focal length when the lens is set to the "A" position. It can be made to work ok manually focusing and using the camera in the Aperture Priority or fully Manual modes.

These are a cheap but sharp lens and quite fast for a zoom of this range. They also feel very solid to hold and use and I have captured some really nice images with mine. Attached is one I shot recently, fully extended at 135mm.

Cheers
Greg

Attached Images

perigee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:57 PM   #15

With a camera with the abilities of the K10D, I'd get the 16-45 f/4 for your walkaround lens. Find some old quality A* lenses or get the Limited series to ensure the you've got the best optics to match the camera.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2006, 9:59 PM   #16

The new lenses with no aperture ring will not function properly on Pentax AF film cameras even if they are full frame lenses, since they have no way of setting the aperture except for wide open.

I think they will work on the *ist film camera, but I have never tried one, but they do not work on my PZ-1P or my MZ-S.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote