Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 5, 2006, 3:13 AM   #1

It is very unlikely that my computer really does have a chip like this one, it is an EEPROM from the 70's and I expect things have moved on from then!

The chip in the middle is approx 3mm on the short side, about 1/8". Those connecting wires are barely visible to the naked eye.

I used a SMC Takumar 'Bellows' lens of 1:4/100 mounted on my macro rig consisting of bellows and some extension tubes, total extension about 23cm or 9". Lighting was difficult and consisted of a compact flourescent "bulb" and a small mirror. I will have to arrange a better lighting system.

1/30 of a second, f4 and ISO 800 on my *ist DS. No postprocessing except reduction to 35% in Paint Shop Pro.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 5, 2006, 4:54 AM   #2

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
It is very unlikely that my computer really does have a chip like this one,¬* it is an EEPROM from the 70's and I expect things have moved on from then!

The chip in the middle is approx 3mm on the short side,¬* about 1/8". Those connecting wires are barely visible to the naked eye.

I used a SMC Takumar 'Bellows' lens of¬* 1:4/100 mounted on my macro rig consisting of bellows and some extension tubes, total extension about 23cm or 9".¬* Lighting was difficult and consisted of a compact flourescent "bulb" and a small mirror.¬* I will have to arrange a better lighting system.

1/30 of a second, f4 and ISO 800 on my *ist DS.¬* No post¬*processing except reduction to 35% in Paint Shop Pro.
¬*
I am not familiar with bellow macros. But should it be at least F8 or even 12?
Heavy pp can improve just a bit. But not much if data is not there.

Daniel
Attached Images

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 5:52 AM   #3

BTW, You can use it... believe it or not... as imaging device like CCD- these memory cells (transistors) are light sensitive :-)
Nice macro work.

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 1:02 PM   #4

I will have another try this evening, I have ideas for better lighting.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:49 AM   #5

This time with better lighting (I left the office early enough to get home while the sun was still shining :-))