Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:57 AM   #1

Hi!

Once again, I must tell you all that I am a newcomer to pentax...So bear with me....

After visiting my local 2nd hand camera store, to my sadness, only 2 pentaxlenses were to be found....With both of them in poor (dust/fungus inside) condition...

But he offered good prices (I think)..because of their condition (however I think they are cleanable

1. SMC M 1.7 50mm (80 dollars)

2. SMC A 3.5/4.5 35-70mm (90 dollars)

Please post your ideas about price and choice of lenses pls...I wonder if the first lens would be any use coz the kit lens should cover it...right?

Chesslanka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2006, 7:12 AM   #2

The first lense is a great lense, definitely pickup one of those even if you plan on getting the kit lens. One of the best lenses around, and its so cheap!!

However, us$80 for a poor condition lense is an absolute rip off!

Here's the first result on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ASAHI-OPTICAL-CO...em110040668482

us$26 for a good condition one!
nadnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 6:02 PM   #3

$32 for that is an EXCellent buy. i see them go for more quite often..

roy
Old Oct 9, 2006, 8:31 PM   #4

Chesslanka wrote:
Quote:
Hi!

Once again, I must tell you all that I am a newcomer to pentax...So bear with me....

After visiting my local 2nd hand camera store, to my sadness, only 2 pentaxlenses were to be found....With both of them in poor (dust/fungus inside) condition...

But he offered good prices (I think)..because of their condition (however I think they are cleanable

1. SMC M 1.7 50mm (80 dollars)

2. SMC A 3.5/4.5 35-70mm (90 dollars)

Please post your ideas about price and choice of lenses pls...I wonder if the first lens would be any use coz the kit lens should cover it...right?

Chesslanka,
Keh.com, a company known for UNDERgrading their merchandise, lists the SMC M 50 1.7 lens for$56 in excellent condition. I don't know much about the second camera lens but in my opinion I would not buy either lens. You should be able to find the same or better lenses in better condition for that kind of money either at keh.com or on ebay. IMO, I would look for the SMC A 50mm 1.7, I think the convenience of the A setting is worth the slight premium.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 1:52 PM   #5

i picked up an f1.7 50mm smc-a at a local shop for $30 3-4 weeks ago. actually i bought their f1.7 50mm smc-f at the same time for $45! sold it on ebay for $120 (to fund future LBA purchases! - i like having the manual focus with such a shallow depth of field anyways). that smc-m lens is a good deal for $30 on ebay - most f1.7s go for more than that these days.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote