Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 10, 2006, 7:01 PM   #11

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If you look at the ebay page you posted, you'll see a link to the same lens in a Canon mount (last one of 4). It shows the attachment that is sold as part of the lens mounted on the end. Even without it the lens is very sharp and will do 1:2.
Thank you. Just looked at that, and it does appear to be a filter. I have emailed the seller to ask if he has the adapter. The lens does seem sharp (it arrived today).

Further research on the net suggests that the adapter is a +3.3, so I have a +4 filter, just got to get a stepping ring from 55mm to 49mm and I should be in business.

Mind you, 1:2 is not too bad really.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:51 AM   #12

1:2 is not bad at all. but it's just a far cry from 1:1.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 4:06 PM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
1:2 is not bad at all. but it's just a far cry from 1:1.
If memory serves, Roy, you posted a lot of info regarding macros. One bit which rings a bell is to do with taking apicture of a ruler to see if you are getting lifesize or not. Can you refresh my memory please.

Darren

Update - found the post I was looking for and the lens does indeed do 1:2 at about 17 inches. Held the +4 close-up filter to it and we have 1:1 at about 6 inches. Just need to get a stepping ring to attach the filter (or new filter).
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote