Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:02 PM   #11

OT to moderator.........................................

Any way to make this forum more Netscape friendly??????????

Can't copy/paste w Nescape 7.2...........................and other asst. glitches....
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 2:49 PM   #12
Administrator

oreo57 wrote:
Quote:
OT to moderator.........................................

Any way to make this forum more Netscape friendly??????????

Can't copy/paste w Nescape 7.2...........................and other asst. glitches....
Can't copy and paste, huh?

We use third party software to run the forums. See http://www.wowbb.com/

It seems to work OK with most browsers. So, you may want to try another one.

I'm running under Linux (SimplyMEPIS 6.0) right this minute with Firefox 1.5.0.7, and it runs OK with it. I use Firefox under Windows XP Pro, too. I try not to use IE unless I have to (but, the forums software is optimized for Internet Explorer). lol

The forums have a few "quirks" with Firefox (you sometimes have to use your down arrow key toi scroll down to the bottom of quoted text and press the end key to exit to respond after quoting someone using the Quote Button). But, it works OK for the most part.

I also use Konquerer and Opera from time to time with it. I use more than one Linux distro as well as Windows XP (I usually have a partition setup with the latest release candidate for Kanotix, and I stay in SimplyMEPIS most of the time instead of Windows XP Pro (I use the free GRUB boot manager to select between these 3 operating systems when rebooting).

The WowBB software appears to be optimized more for Internet Explorer (which I try not to use at all). Most browsers I've used with it work OK, with some minor quirks here and there. But, I haven't tried Netscape (I quit using it after the 4.x releases, when it started to slow and bloated).

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 7:12 PM   #13

thanks for the in-depth. Gave up on Firefox at 1... no particular good reason. Actually if I remember some IBM go to my pc type software toasted the install and I lost any ability to re-install. Went back to Netscape.

Anyways fr your info: Screen capture of the 2 to see the diff....Have to be in IE for this post...... not what I wanted There are other problems as mentioned...
Just tried 8 (been hanging around on my computer for awhile.. same old same old..... suppose I could use IE "mode" ......nahhhhh......

oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 1:15 AM   #14

I didn't believe it either - I understand the logic of batteries (either they work or they don't) and agree it shouldn't have made a difference. Probably that's why it took so long to noodle out. However, before the new (alkaline, photo grade) batteries, bad pics; after, great pics. The previous set of batteries were over a year old, maybe that was a factor, I don't know. But believe me, I tried everything with the old set of batteries, and the photos still came out too dark.
nikita356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:53 PM   #15

As mentioned earlier, use NiHi (anything higher than 2100mAh should give good life) - don't bother with alkaline as they just don't have enough guts in them.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote