Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:27 PM   #1

LBA, is that Lens Buying Addiction? Is that more or less severe affliction than what I have whichisCPAS (chronic Pentax acquisation syndrome)?
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:47 PM   #2

Depends on who you ask - but generally accepted as Lens Buyers Anonymous. Term coined by a user over on dpreview. Pentax themselves have picked up on the term on their own website even.

Not sure of the severity compared to your current disease, but either way, both are terminal.
ccallana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:57 PM   #3

Hi John,

LBA is usually conceded to have been coined by LanceB of the DPR Pentax Talk Forum @ 2yrs ago. It began as Lens Buying Addiction, and has been extended to also represent Lens Buyers Anonymous, the support group which strangely enough enables LBA (the addiction) by requiring that all members post pics from their new lens acquisitions so that others afflicted might now "need" to acquire that lens. . . and so it spreads. . .

The cool thing is that Ned B, the Marketing Director for Pentax USA, is a DPRPT member, and has used "LBA" in both Pentax advertising and the Euro plate LBA stickers that they handed out at Photokina and other shows. It was nice to see the company acknowledge the forum's "inside joke" to this extent.

It is an obvious analog to your CPAS and guitar players' GAS (Guitar Acquisition Syndrome) -- I used to hav GAS, but now I have the more PC LBA -- people get nervous when you tell them that you have GAS. . .:lol:

Scott

John Hill wrote:
Quote:
LBA, is that Lens Buying Addiction? Is that more or less severe affliction than what I have whichisCPAS (chronic Pentax acquisation syndrome)?
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:10 PM   #4

Afflicitons that have accronyms are usually untreatable but who would want to cure them? I seem to have the initial symptoms of LBA and defiantely have brd.
humzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:55 PM   #5

It looks like I might be afflicted with two strains of LBA, 'Lens Buying Addiction' and 'Lego Buying Addiction' which I have had for more than 30 years.
John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote