Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless-73/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 106077] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/pentax-samsung-dslr-k-mount-mirrorless/103533-recovered-thread-106077-a.html)

seamusep3 Oct 11, 2006 5:39 PM

hey i just got a k100d (LoVE it) anyways i have a few old lenses my dad had for his pentax a3000but two of them wont mount and i am confused b/cpentax advertises that any lens will fit but these dont any idea why?

Lens1=1:4.5f=80~200mm (p/k-a mount type)

Lens2=1:2.8f=135mm (kr mount type)

thanks in advance :-)

NonEntity1 Oct 11, 2006 6:34 PM

I have received one lens that would not mount to my camera. The problem was that the flange (my word) by the mechanical aperture lever was too long, probably three times as long as the Pentax flange. I believe someone has posted about reducing this flange and making it work. I sent the lens back for a refund so I cannot say if this works or not. Aside from that one lens every other lens I have tried has worked just fine.

Tim

Oct 11, 2006 6:56 PM

what brand are the lenses??? the flange can be removed to allow the lens to fit.

roy

NonEntity1 Oct 11, 2006 7:17 PM

Mine was a Vivitar, and I thought about using the dremel to reshape the flange. I decided the return it as there were other issues with the lens and the seller had advertised it to work with a K100d. If I found the right lens I would be willing to customize it to work but that lens was not worth the effort.

Tim

seamusep3 Oct 11, 2006 7:30 PM

(JC Penny) yeah i know exactly what it is u are talking about as far as the flange thing goes it is huge but i was afarid of making the attmept at minimizing it. also on one the lenses i noticed that on this inside section of glass there is some moisture spots any ideas on how to fix this if there is a way

seamusep3 Oct 11, 2006 7:30 PM

can you post a link for the modifier post

seamusep3 Oct 12, 2006 11:22 AM

can anyone help me figure out how i can modify or adapt these lenses.

Dal1970 Oct 12, 2006 11:35 AM

Think you will find that this is for the Ricoh cameras, which use a similar mount. They generally fit to the Pentax film SLR, but not the digital.

Short of cutting off the "flange", I don't think you will have much luck.

I returned mine to the shop for a refund.

Darren

John Hill Oct 12, 2006 12:35 PM

Be careful mounting Ricoh lenses, some (and maybe other brands) have an extra pin that fouls the auto focus drive and makes it impossible to remove the len! Not a nice feeling.:roll:

TDN Oct 12, 2006 1:54 PM

NonEntity1 wrote:
Quote:

Mine was a Vivitar, and I thought about using the dremel to reshape the flange. I decided the return it as there were other issues with the lens and the seller had advertised it to work with a K100d. If I found the right lens I would be willing to customize it to work but that lens was not worth the effort.

Tim
Yep, had the same thing. A Vivitar with the P/KA-R mount, for Ricoh cameras. Got a full refund from the seller, so I cant say if cutting it will help or not.

If it makes a mention of Ricoh, just don't bother, it might get stuck on the camera after you mount it.

TDN