Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 20, 2006, 6:21 AM   #101

Code:
Isn't the battery life argument kind of irrelevant given that, even with the alleged K100's 300 shot limitation, that's still 300 RAW images per set of batteries which I would argue is probably far in excess of a day's shoot; this will also require 3 GB of SD Card storage.

So, at the same time your transferring the images, pop the AA NiHi batteries back into the charger to refresh them ready for the next shoot - same also goes for Lithion batteries.
I don't think I can deny that the battery of the Nikon D70s (or other similar) is the better solution (At least from my understanding)

No matter what IMO, it is always better to know thatI can run about a thousand shots with my batteries before going out. And it is also good to know thatI won't need to remove the battery that often (if at all). (Most justleave it in there) *Talking about charging in camera here*

LIT-ION batteries of such capacity also takes about 2 hours to fully charge compared to NI-MHs.

LIT-ION batteries also tolerate changesin temperatures better. (Cold towarm etc...)

For people like me, I can leave the camera for a few days without using it; with LIT-ION batteries, I can still pick the camera up a few days later and go on shooting with it. (The charge will still be there) A Ni-MH battery would have been dead by then...

What ever it is, a LIT-ION battery would not makeme keep on rechargingmy batteries. (One charge and very long duration of power supply)

BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:11 AM   #102

Benjaminxyz i may have missed this somewhere but which particular Pentax(s) do you own??
i have 3, from K1000, me super and ist ds and can still use them all and have a lot of fun and take great photos
so which or how many Pentax do you own or will own ???
i am seriously considering the K10d and the only thing that will stop me is not batteries, sd cards, raw files, the wording of the manual, the lack of coffe cup holder or the fact it doesnt have Monty python written on it somwhere
but the price
can i afford it
my fingers are crossed

Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:13 AM   #103

BenjaminXYZ wrote:

Quote:
For people like me, I can leave the camera for a few days without using it; with LIT-ION batteries, I can still pick the camera up a few days later and go on shooting with it. (The charge will still be there) A Ni-MH battery would have been dead by then.
Not necessarily so, the charge in my NiHi batteries on my *istDS last for weeks and weeks even after being periodically used in-between - so I don't know where you get your information from.

On the other hand, my Fuji S602 would discharge a set in less than a week if left in the camera after being used.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:18 AM   #104

I don't need to own several Pentaxes and shoot with them for 200 years to know those facts...

A simple glance through reviews and forums is enough for me to know (whatever I have said before).

Tell me that they are incorrect. (Just like I don't need tohold a master in engineering to know how to determine between good and bad high ISO performance...)
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:19 AM   #105

errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
BUT CATBELLS PENTAX'S RAW FILES ARE SO MUCH BIGGER THAN OTHER VENDORS!
Possibly, but my comment was in regard of battery life of NiHi AA against Lithium. I merely wanted to put the alleged 300 shot battery limitation of the K100 into perspective - for practical purposes.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:21 AM   #106

Code:
Not necessarily so, the charge in my NiHi batteries on my *istDS last for weeks and weeks even after being periodically used in-between - so I don't know where you get your information from. 

On the otherhand, my Fuji S602 would discahrage a set in less than a week if left in the camera after being used.
Funny, my Sony DSC-N1 with it's LIT-ION battery can keep it's charge forweeks if I use it very little. On the other hand, my Minolta Dimage Z1 with it's AA batteries will often lose it's charge over a few days only.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 7:58 AM   #107

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
I don't need to own several Pentaxes and shoot with them for 200 years to know those facts...

A simple glance through reviews and forums is enough for me to know (whatever I have said before).

Of course you don't. That's what trolls do.
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:24 AM   #108

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
errno_gmm wrote:
Quote:
BUT CATBELLS PENTAX'S RAW FILES ARE SO MUCH BIGGER THAN OTHER VENDORS!
Possibly, but my comment was in regard of battery life of NiHi AA against Lithium. I merely wanted to put the alleged 300 shot battery limitation of the K100 into perspective - for practical purposes.
sorry you might have missed my sarcasm :-)
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:16 AM   #109

Code:
Of course you don't.
Thank you for justifying my point.

Regards.
Old Oct 20, 2006, 9:34 AM   #110

dequardo wrote:
Quote:
BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:

Of course you don't. That's what trolls do.
Some people usually suggest that when one makes opinions on a brand, one should have owned and used that brand. Is that really logical?

If so, there will never been new-comers in a particular (brand) forum, just because he/she has NOT yet owned any equipment of that brand!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote