Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 20, 2006, 8:36 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 172
Default

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
Some people usually suggest that when one makes opinions on a brand, one should have owned and used that brand. Is that really logical?

If so, there will never been new-comers in a particular (brand) forum, just because he/she has NOT yet owned any equipment of that brand!


Nice logic there. Want to think a bit more about it?
dequardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:39 PM   #112
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
I don't need to own several Pentaxes and shoot with them for 200 years to know those facts...

A simple glance through reviews and forums is enough for me to know (whatever I have said before).

Tell me that they are incorrect. (Just like I don't need tohold a master in engineering to know how to determine between good and bad high ISO performance...)
You are incorrect.

If you have no Pentax gear, then you are best going to another forum to annoy people. You seem to think people care what (or indeed if) you think.

At least RiceHigh has purchased several Pentax cameras, and is reporting on his findings (much as it may annoy some people).

I have 4 sets of 2500 rechargeables. These cover the camera and the flashgun for a days shooting with no problems whatsoever (never have run out of juice). If, however, I was to have a flat battery, I can put some Duracells in. Plus the batteries charge in 2 hours tops.



Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:46 AM   #113
Senior Member
 
BenjaminXYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:

Some people usually suggest that when one makes opinions on a brand, one should have owned and used that brand. Is that really logical?

I agree that it won't sound logical.

I have taken a look at all the other brands, and Pentax is just one of them. Theseare the type of results that I havegotten the impressionfrom Pentax. (From all the research that I have done) Call it stupid, but I have my opinionson theCanons, Nikons, and Sony(s) (to just name a few) as well.

The fact that those certain aspects of the PentaxdSLRscan alreadybe soundingso inferior...I do not knowhow to expectthem in real life...

Quote:

You are incorrect.

If you have no Pentax gear, then you are best going to another forum to annoy people. You seem to think people care what (or indeed if) you think.

You are wrong, I do not "seems" to think that people will care about my findings and (or) opinions etc...but I do think that this is a free forum, and we are all free to discuss the matters.

I just inform you what I know that's all, and it is for you all tocorrect me if I'm wrong. (Albeit logically, not in a bias or defending manner)


BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 6:00 AM   #114
Senior Member
 
Gumnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,259
Default

of course you can b..xyz
just the same as i can tell you how well the latest Ford V8 handles by reading the spec sheet and listening to others opinions

i think you had best quit now
to me you a sounding more and more foolish
buy a pentax
then let us know what you really think
maybe then you will impress me
lol
Gumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 1:53 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Essex, UK
Posts: 1,868
Default

Gumnut wrote:
Quote:
of course you can b..xyz
just the same as i can tell you how well the latest Ford V8 handles by reading the spec sheet and listening to others opinions

i think you had best quit now
to me you a sounding more and more foolish
buy a pentax
then let us know what you really think
maybe then you will impress me
lol
So true.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 5:08 PM   #116
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Dal1970 wrote:
Quote:
BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
I don't need to own several Pentaxes and shoot with them for 200 years to know those facts...

A simple glance through reviews and forums is enough for me to know (whatever I have said before).

Tell me that they are incorrect. (Just like I don't need tohold a master in engineering to know how to determine between good and bad high ISO performance...)
You are incorrect.

If you have no Pentax gear, then you are best going to another forum to annoy people. You seem to think people care what (or indeed if) you think.

At least RiceHigh has purchased several Pentax cameras, and is reporting on his findings (much as it may annoy some people).

I have 4 sets of 2500 rechargeables. These cover the camera and the flashgun for a days shooting with no problems whatsoever (never have run out of juice). If, however, I was to have a flat battery, I can put some Duracells in. Plus the batteries charge in 2 hours tops.



Darren
Yes, but don't you see it'sbecause of RiceHigh why you have trolls here.you wouldexpect that when youstart a thread like this with negative comments. Trolls love RiceHigh,the people that like to bash Pentax gather around him, and follow him everywhere. Why do you think the troll was lingering that long? He encourages them with his constant negative comments.

Doesn't matter that he owns Pentax gear, actually it's even worse. and it doesn't make sense. He buys a pentax, he claims that he doesn't like it, what's strange he goes buy another Pentax, then he complains about this one too.then it's more strange that he plans to buy the next model even though in the same time he is alreadytrashing it. Don't we find that this cycle very strange? This will do nothing but atracts more and more trolls. and he is not helping the people that trying to make up their mind on what brand to go for. and he is not doing Pentax or any Pentax usersa favor. I think that a constant negative comments about the things weowned,have loved, happy about, excited about, is completely disrespectful.



Jacob

Jacobsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 7:46 PM   #117
Senior Member
 
NonEntity1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Lake Placid Florida USA
Posts: 2,689
Default

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
Ahhhhhhhhhh! :?I know that the A.F. of the Pentax/SamsungdSLRs are SLOWER in lower lighting conditions than the other dSLRs,and the Pentax K100D have rather poor battery life. (Compared to the other rivals) In addition, the auto W.B. of the K100Dis also not as accurate as the others. (Those situations will require the K100D to useof thecustom WB for accuracy)

I got all this informations from the reviews and user opinions.
Dang it, I swore I would not reply on this thread but here I go. I am a camera newb, my K100d is my first slr of any sort, digital or otherwise. I do, however, have a very good friend who has been a photographer for years and currently shoots a Nikon D2x. Each of his lenses costs more than my camera and any five of my lenses you care to pick. I have played with his camera and he has played with mine. Unlike you, he felt that the Pentax did very well in challenging situations for WB and had only praise for it.

My own experience is that my K100d can go for weeks on a set of 2500 batteries and, with continous use, I can get well over 500 shots on a set of batteries. I certainly have no complaints there.

With my apologies to BigDawg, you sir, are a troll.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Ricehigh I can understand. He wants a perfect camera and will pick every Pentax offering apart looking for flaws, but his desires are genuine and perhaps one day might even be satisfied. You are the type that would walk into a church and take a dump on the communion table. Like a virus, you serve only to disrupt that which is functioning well and offer nothing in return.

If there is one major flaw with a bulletin board format it is that there is no way to killfile the trolls. Enough from me, you have succeeded and I have failed. I have acknowledge you exist. I will try to do better in the future.
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:19 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
oreo57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 152
Default

So do you think Ben's a "sock puppet" troll????? Ben = RH. Naahhh :-)

The "sock-puppet" troll enters a forum using several different identities. As provocative postings from one identity draw increasingly critical comment from other forum members, the troll enters the discussion under a second identity in support of the first.

Alternatively, the troll may under the second identity criticise the first in order to develop credibility or esteem on the forum. (However, use of alternate IDs to identify a particular computer or the changing of a user ID after system crashes and other legitimate reasons for using more than one ID by the same person may not be intended as a deception.)
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2006, 8:43 PM   #119
Senior Member
 
ennacac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 4,198
Default

Now let me get this straight, this IS NOT the kind of troll we are talking about, we are talking about an internet troll, right?

The Fremont troll has been lurking under the north end of the Aurora bridge in Seattle WA since 1990.

Sorry I tried not to post!



Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:44 AM.