Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:20 AM   #11

I don't understand how the rest of you cannot see Pentax's diabolical conspiracy to confuse their customers so that they will spend more time testing their cameras than they will spend taking pictures—I mean, it's obvious, isn't it?
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:24 AM   #12

Hey guys what can you expect? The guys gets "high" on rice. :lol:
Spiritbro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:26 AM   #13

I think RiceHigh knows perfectly well how ridiculous most of his statements are. I think he just enjoys stirring up trouble. He probably posts this garbage and then sits back and laughs at how riled up he gets everyone.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:44 AM   #14

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
RiceHigh,

Do you do this to other brands as well, or is it just Pentax?
I'm not interested in other brand at this moment as I am still considering the K10D. You know, I'm a Pentax DSLR user afterall, although not a die-hard Pentaxian!

RiceHigh
http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh
RiceHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:44 AM   #15

TC3 wrote:
Quote:
Ricehigh

This is the sort of crap i have come to see you moan and groan about.......loser!
So, why you have read and replied to the crap I made??

RiceHigh
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:53 AM   #16

To reply to all your responses. What I can tell is that you guys just believe it or not. I have a K100D myself and I can tell the world that it is NO GOOD to "permanently turn on the SR", putting aside the tripod and panning case. THe user manual supports fully my observation.

I recommend you folks should read the user manual, which I have posted the link of it, before making further (emotional) replies about myself.
I do believe in the user manual, the "turn off SR when it is not needed" statement is not referring to the use of tripod and for panning shooting cases, as it is clear that these are addressed separately in the next page.

My point is very simple, don't believe the Pentax press release, believe the Pentax user manual! End of Story.

But if you folks wish to turn on the SR permanently as suggested, when you finally get a K10D or a K100D, then it is totally up to you!

For those who bother to read what I am reporting about the SR system and why it should be turned off if not needed (as the K100D and K10D user manual suggests), see my K100D review page:-

http://www.geocities.com/ricehigh/K1...ll_Review.html

RiceHigh

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
First, see the official Pentax press release and a copy of which can be found in the following:- http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/pe...6_k10d_pr.html

Quoted:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional Advantages of the PENTAX SR System

* Since the SR system is activated only when you press the shutter release, any effect on battery consumption is negligible.
* PENTAX SR is optional. You can leave SR on permanently, turning it off only when using a tripod or panning (deliberately moving the camera in the direction of subject motion to blur the background).
* Performance capabilities such as auto-focus speed, shutter lag time and continuous shooting rate are unaffected by the SR system because its operation is instantaneous, occurring within the normal exposure interval.
. . . and so on.. (snipped)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(End Quoted)

For the first point about battery consumption, this differs from many user reports from different K100D users. Still, there is no solid evidence if this statement is exactly false anyway, although it is highly suspective.

For the second statement of "You can leave SR on permanently", the Pentax K10D user manual tells it totally differently. On page 68 of the manual, it recommends clearly that "Turn the Shake Reduction switch off if you will not use the Shake Reduction function". BTW, a copy of the full manual can be downloaded at: http://www.pentaxforums.com/K10D_Manual.pdf

So, shall we believe the rest of all those marketing talks in those media press releases any further?

All in all, the user/technical manual was most likely written by engineers or designers of the camera, whom should be more trustworthy (and knows more about the camera) afterall. I now learn that believing what marketing guys tell will indeed be something foolish, for many occasions.

RiceHigh
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:12 AM   #17

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
RiceHigh,

I'm not interested in other brand at this moment as I am still considering the K10D. You know, I'm a Pentax DSLR user afterall, although not a die-hard Pentaxian!
I've just never seen anyone nit-pick a product to death like you do. I almost expect to see you post something like, "Pentax advertises the K100D as having a black body, but after placing the camera under 30X magnification and a jeweler's lamp, I have concluded that the camera is in fact..VERY DARK GRAY!! Pentax should be sued for the lies about the body color!!!".
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:21 AM   #18

gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
gadgetnut wrote:
Quote:
RiceHigh,

I've just never seen anyone nit-pick a product to death like you do. I almost expect to see you post something like, "Pentax advertises the K100D as having a black body, but after placing the camera under 30X magnification and a jeweler's lamp, I have concluded that the camera is in fact..VERY DARK GRAY!! Pentax should be sued for the lies about the body color!!!".
Yes, many people I can see is just like you: defend a brand to death whenever someone says something which look not so favourable to the brand you own! Enough said. (Of course all the points and ground made and quoted would be ignored)

RiceHigh
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:58 AM   #19

RiceHigh wrote:
Quote:
Yes, many people I can see is just like you: defend a brand to death whenever someone says something which look not so favourable to the brand you own!
I beg your pardon? When have you ever seen me do that? I don't believe in "Brand Loyalty". At least not in the way you mean it. Sure, there are certain brands that I will look at first because of a favorable past experience (like Toyota for example), but I never blindly buy anything based solely on the brand name. Nor do I ever overlook problems or defects in a product. I have read many of your criticisms of Pentax DSLRs and some of your observations are valid. But for the most part, you are simply nit-picking over issues that don't even matter.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 10:21 AM   #20

(NT)
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote