Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:07 AM   #31

So now your comparing ff to APS????

Not the point nor the issue. Only 1 ff choice or buy a mega backed MF.

Your drifting... Why not compare a Lexus to a HondaCivic. Argue which one is nosier.. Also foolish comparison.... Stick w/ the apples to apples. The noise in RELATED size sensors is all similar, mostly varying in quality and how the software/hardware handles it. Hate when facts get in the way of a good discussion. BTW: myavatar is an iso1600 shot, very little noise but terriblyoverexposed.

BenjaminXYZ wrote:
Quote:
You see, the tiny pixels of thehigher MP chips have to gain up it's ISOin order to match the more sensitivelarger pixels; thus, resulting in more noiseat the expenseof signal.
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:28 AM   #32

i think k10d is a useless piece of junk! what are pentax gurus thinking?

1.yes, a cofee cup holder, where is it?
2. yes, hdtv output is a must have! HDMI with AC3 and DTS 5.1 out is a must! where are they?
3. why is there not a cigarette lighter? at least a pull out ash tray! damn!
4. where is the winter hand heater? i wish with a built in hand massage too, damn! are the engineers sleeping? shouldn't it come with at least 3 memories for 3 members in the family???? does it use thumb print to start the camera or at least it is keyless?
5. a built in battery charger on the go, where is it?
6. where is the mp3 player?
7. the small 2.5" monitor is not touch screen at all, and what is pentax doin with the tiny screen? just 2.5"???? aren't 8" screen is a standard nowadays?
8. i'm expecting the tv receiver, watching soccer and f1 live is a must have on the go?
9. the software is not even running on microsoft windows? hell no! is it compatible with photoshop?
10. there is not even a hardisk in it? at least a 10,000rom 500gig hardisk right?
11. where are the dialing keys? the screen is not even a tough screen? how am i making a call? is it just gsm capable? no 3g? gosh!
12. where is the bluetooth?
13. the weather seals can't even allow the camera to go below 200meters? how am i goin to dive with it?
14. pentax only mention about the so so, so called high performance ddr ram? is it a core 2 processor? why is it not mentioned?
15. what on earth is pentax doin with the casing? plastic? not even a magnesium alloy? shouldn't it come with a titanium casing so easily nowadays?????
16. is the viewfinder night vision?
17. is the camera using fan cooling? can it be upgraded to water cooling and overclocked?
18. the movie capture mode specification still yet mentioned. is it 1080p hdtv, 60fps or just dvd format movie capture?
19. what kind of burning media supported still yet to be mentioned? i hope it supports blue ray burning. where is the burning drive anyway? why i can't find it from the photos? don't tell me the camera can't burn?
20. still no built in gps?

i can't believe it! k10d is a totaly junk, pentax is launching the camera latest by another coming month? with the outstanding 20 must have features above, the k10d is still a brief prototype? another month or less shipping the camera? ami asking too much or is pentax out of their mind with the k10d giving so little? shouldn't i wait for another 20 years before a close to perfect camera is really what i'm looking for? what i want is a camera with so many features i don't even need 10% of what the camera gives, but at least i feel good?

at least give me a k10d with a built in lighter and ash tray to calm me down, please pentax, you know i've no way but buying the k10d soon, i can't wait for the lighter anymore, please! i love k10d!

precsmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:42 AM   #33

Quote:

So now your comparing ff to APS????

Not the point nor the issue. Only 1 ff choice or buy a mega backed MF.

Your drifting... Why not compare a Lexus to a HondaCivic. Argue which one is nosier.. Also foolish comparison.... Stick w/ the apples to apples. The noise in RELATED size sensors is all similar, mostly varying in quality and how the software/hardware handles it. Hate when facts get in the way of a good discussion. BTW: myavatar is an iso1600 shot, very little noise but terriblyoverexposed.

I don't need to compare it to FF sensors.

I just need to compare it to the superior 6 MP Sony CCD. And that was what I was comparing it to.
BenjaminXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 11:49 AM   #34

bigdawg wrote:
Quote:
Buy one or don't buy one. Yer muney yer choice. If he pointed out the faults of my wife I'd still stay true. These are only words from ( since it hasn't been released yet) the unknowing. Wait and see. Besides I'll have one regardless. Too many long unused lenses, waiting for their revival! LOL
His opinion is His. Not mine. Though he may raise some points to ponder or wish for they are still and only his opinions. He neither has to be right or wrong. I don't have to agree. Instead of bashing his opinions I'd rather read them and then compare those opinions to the actual camera after I've purchased it. Then with a soft chuckle, go about the job of using the camera to enjoy myself!

Dawg
Perfect post!!

Darren

Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:09 PM   #35

I enjoy the 6mp of the D as well. Need a tad more resolution to quiet the Foveon people :-)
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:12 PM   #36

Code:
I enjoy the 6mp of the D as well. Need a tad more resolution to quiet the Foveon people :-)
So? Jumping straight to the conclusion is not a good idea.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:44 PM   #37

NI!
NI!
Now you must find me.......

A Shrubbery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:09 AM   #38

Thank you Darren. I appreciate the compliment on my post! I meant it and will live and post by it! Others should do the same and live and post by the golden rule. We do not have to agree, but as this is a FORUM, we should all be tolerant of even the most misguided or the overbearing. Rather than add flames to a fire we should pour cool water on it to bring the world away from FLAMING!! Have a nice day You all!

Dawg
bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 1:09 AM   #39

Quote:

NI!
NI!
Now you must find me.......

Now, if only this post had a "report" tab...just like on the other forums.

Old Oct 18, 2006, 4:35 AM   #40

Gotchya!!!!!!! :blah:

BenjaminXYZ wrote:

Quote:
Now, if only this post had a "report" tab...just like on the other forums.
danag42 is offline   Reply With Quote