Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Oct 13, 2006, 3:43 PM   #1

I recently purchased a Bushnell reflecting telescope with a 114mm mirror. I have heard of people mounting there SLR cameras onto telescopes via adapters that attatch the the eypiece socket on the telescope. Does anyone know of any such adapter for the K100D? I see that Bushnell does have a photo adapter for the telescope, but it gives no information about the adapter as far as how it works, how it attaches to the camera, camera compatibility, or anything. If anyone could help me out, or explain the ins and outs of mounting a camera to a telescope I would greatly appreciate it :-). Thank you.
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2006, 4:25 PM   #2

You need the K adapter for the Bushnell and it screws onto the scope, and the other end fits the K mount of the camera. Everything will be 100% manual with this setup and focus is done with the scope and movement is critical, so don't touch the camera when shooting the image and I wouldn't hurt to have the mirror up.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 4:31 PM   #3

Join the digital_astro forum in Yahoo Groups, its mostly Canon/Nikon slanted, but the basics are the same. Some people are using Pentax cameras.

Most telescope/camera adapters are T-mount, so you would need a matching T-mount adapter for your camera.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2006, 9:12 PM   #4

Thank you for your help, I was able to find an adapter that seems as if it will work. Hopefully I be able to post some out of this world pictures very soon.
tvguy is offline   Reply With Quote